vx2 speaker mike problem with UV3R mark2

  • fp5cj
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30 7:54 PM
      I have a UV3R mark 2 and I tried to use my yaesu VX2 speaker mike on the baofeng! the TX is transmitting when I push the PTT of the MIKE, but NO AUDIO is coming out.. does anybodody has ever seen that ?and any solution to make my audio heard on the air?
      TKS
      73
      JP
    • Jyri Saastamoinen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2013
        Yep, you either rewire your mike or buy kenwood-style mike. Baofeng-wiring differs from yaesu.

        Cheers

        OH4GRM
      • Mike Craig
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2013
          I have not had a problem with transmit but have with receive.  The solution was a rather simple one.  The jack has a "sweet" spot where receive operates will.  By rotating and moving the plug in and out of the jack I was able to find it.  Once there, it operates as it should.  I use a speaker/mic not manufactured by one of the major companies.

          73,
          Mike, WA7TN

        • fp5cj
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2013
            How to rewire? any shematic?
            TKS for info if so!
            73
            ---------------------------

            In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, Jyri Saastamoinen <jyri.saastamoinen@...> wrote:

            > Yep, you either rewire your mike or buy kenwood-style mike. Baofeng-wiring
            > differs from yaesu.
            >
            > Cheers
            >
            > OH4GRM

          • Jyri Saastamoinen
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 3, 2013
              Here is info about bao uv3r pinouts:

              Actually, keep the yaesu mike / sell it and buy another for bao, you get one @ about 15usd:

              Cheers
              oh4grm

            • John
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 4, 2013
                or about $6.50 on Ebay :-)

                Be advised, though, that I never did solve the bassy-ness issue with my "genuine" Baofeng speaker mike. (see previous posts).

                So far, I have:

                1) Replaced the mike cartridge with one from a Nokia phone (I have a lot of respect for those Nokia dudes)
                2) Tried dropping the applied voltage to the mike by about a volt with a series resistor (because it sounded quite "hot", as well as bassy)

                73
                john VK4TJ