Re: [UV-3R] Re: UV3R Next generation firmware wishlist

  • Lior Elazary
    Message 1 of 34 , May 1, 2013
      You need to turn on the rf amps as well as set the appropriate vhf/uhf filtering in order to get any power. From there you also need to set the PA bias to set the amount of power. There is more more register to set the inter MCU LNA, but you should not need to mess with that (If you do, just look at the docs I have online). Just make sure you are not transmitting on unauthorized channels.

      I have not had a chance to work on the firmwere, but I am hoping to get back to it soon (Its hard to finish, since I am using the radio for what I want). Just as a quick poll, how many people are waiting for this firmware to be finished?

      Here are my notes on how to set register 1F, which control the vhf/uhf filtering and the amp.

      //Reg 0x1F  <firstNibble|secondNibble|thirdNibble|ForthNibble>

      First Nibble
      bit9 = 1001 (0x9)  //TX LED OFF sq output

      Second Nibble
      1011 (0xB)     bit 5: Low        bit 4: High  (Transmit power on)
      1110 (0xE)     bit 5: HIGH      bit 4: LOW   (Receive power on)
      1010 (0x1)     bit 5: HIGH      bit 4: HIGH   (All Off)

      Third Nibble
      1011 (0xB)      bit 3:Low             bit 2: High  (VHF)
       1110  (0xE)      bit 3:High           bit 2: Low  (UHF)
       1010  (0xA)     bit 3:Low             bit 2: Low   (None)

      Forth Nibble
      1001 (0x9) VFM Off and css output

      Register 0x0A set the pb gain on the amp (from the datasheet). Here are the values (the higher the voltage the more power you have).
      000000: 1.01V
      000001:1.05V
      000010:1.09V
      000100: 1.18V
      001000: 1.34V
      010000: 1.68V
      100000: 2.45V
      1111111:3.13V

      Lior.

      Message 34 of 34 , Feb 20, 2016
        I think new firmware for the UV3R is a fantastic idea. I've looked, but haven't found the answer to my main question. Has this ever progressed past the experimental stage? Is it a good replacement for the stock firmware?

        Thanks!