Help Help Help

  • Matthew Allen
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 15, 2013
      I have a Baofeng uv-5rb I can not get my pc to connect to it I have tried many things with the usb cable I removed the drivers and re did them still no luck its set to com 6 but get errors when the software tries to read it I have windows 7 64-bit please help I am new at this point of getting the radio to work with the software
    • Jeff Lake
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 15, 2013
        I could never get the software that came with the 5R to work
        but CHIRP
        http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home
        worked the first time
        Jeff Lake K8JSL
        MichiganWxSystem
        AllisonHouse
        GRLevelXStuff
        On 3/15/2013 18:06, Matthew Allen wrote:
        I have a Baofeng uv-5rb I can not get my pc to connect to it I have tried many things with the usb cable I removed the drivers and re did them still no luck its set to com 6 but get errors when the software tries to read it I have windows 7 64-bit please help I am new at this point of getting the radio to work with the software

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            UV-3R-digest@yahoogroups.com
            UV-3R-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • matthew allen
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 15, 2013
          tried it but it did not work said that radio did not respond radio on and plugged in any thing more I need to do?

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 15, 2013
            Try using another computer in XP.Thats all i have.Win 7-8 may be the cause.Also COM port issues.I had the same problem.It took a week before I realized the software I was using was "Buggy".All I did was ordered a fresh CD from another vendor in China and now it works great.
            Fred N4DHN

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 15, 2013

              It’s that Microsoft thing – they want you to use their driver and not the one supplied.  There is a tip from long ago that describes how you select the older version to make it work using Win 7.  Mine works just fine now.

              Cibby    W4CHK

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 15, 2013
                Guys, please look in the FILES section for a document called Cables, Prolific PL2303 Drivers, and Windows 7.pdf  It describes the problem and the solution.

                Ian

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 16, 2013
                  Find a windows Xp machine

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 23, 2013
                    Just press really HARD the cable connector into the radio. It will work 100% . Really really hard into it

                    mihai