Thanks for the 'Prolific' driver FAQ

  • Sander Pool
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2013
      Hi,

      just wanted to drop a note to say thanks for the fake Prolific driver
      install FAQ. I bought a questionable cable for my Kenwood TH-F6A and
      couldn't get it to work despite the seller sending me 3 different driver
      packages. I had resigned to buying a different one (the cable was
      refunded so no complaints about the seller from that perspective) but
      then figured this group had probably figured out how to make these
      cables work. Sure enough you did. I used the 'update driver' technique
      to pick an older driver and the cable works fine. I thought I knew my
      way around Windows but this was a new trick for me. Thanks for
      documenting and putting it in a place where it was easy to find without
      having to ask :-)

      73s,

      Sander W1SOP