Files cannot be found

  • jweigh
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 24, 2012
      When reviewing the "Files" menu all of the files earlier than Sept. return the message "file cannot be found" after clicking the link. Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem? I'm running FireFox and all the newer files dated after Sept. work fine. (really great info by the way)
      More questions, I cannot locate any software specifically for the UV3R MkII. Is there any difference from the older UV3R software? I could also use some advice on which cable and drivers to use with the MKII. (Links please)
      All suggestions are greatly appreciated.
      Thank you, Jerry
    • Geoffrey S. Mendelson
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 24, 2012
        jweigh wrote:

        > When reviewing the "Files" menu all of the files earlier than Sept.
        > return the message "file cannot be found" after clicking the link. Am I
        > doing something wrong or is there a problem? I'm running FireFox and all
        > the newer files dated after Sept. work fine. (really great info by the way)
        > More questions, I cannot locate any software specifically for the UV3R
        > MkII. Is there any difference from the older UV3R software? I could also
        > use some advice on which cable and drivers to use with the MKII. (Links
        > please)
        > All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

        The cables for the UV-3R and UV-3R Mark II are the same. The UV-3R PLUS
        uses a Kenwood/Wouxun cable.

        The original version of the software only works on the original radios.
        As the new radios came out, the software was improved and I use the same
        version on original, mark II and PLUS radios.

        Look for the latest you can find. Here is one place that has it:

        <http://uv3r.com/>

        Geoff.

        "Owning a smartphone: Technology's equivalent to learning to play
        chopsticks on the piano as a child and thinking you're a musician."
        (sent to me by a friend)
      • Carlos Roig

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 25, 2012
            Carlos, thank you very much. This is exactly what I was looking for. I realy like your blog and have visited it before but did not explore enough to find instructions for software. Thanks again for the speedy response.
            73s
            Jerry, KB3DIJ
            I don't enjoy getting older, but it sure beats the alternative.