Re: [UV-3R] UV-3R Programing 483.XXXMh

  • Terry Arnall
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2012
      I put my radio away a few months ago and have been just listing to all the input.  I just happen to run across a blog on the Radio City web site about programming tips.  Using some of those ideas I finally was able to program my rig to monitor the local PD on 483.XXX.XX.  Works great!  You can't really buy a scanner that cheap.  I just ordered some of those 4 connector plugs from Digikey so I can build my own ear phones.

      Thanks everyone for all your continued input and problem solving.

      Terry - WB6TA

      On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 12:15 PM, John <john@...> wrote:

      On my UV-3R, I the PTT is disabled when receiving a signal. This is rather annoying as our repeater has a several second "tail" after a transmission. This makes it pretty much impossible to break into a conversation, especially when other participants don't wait for the carrier to drop.

      Sometimes I can get around this by turning the frequency to an adjacent channel, flipping back, and hitting the PTT before it picks up the current signal.

      I haven't seen anyone else mention this and I was wondering if it's a common issue or something specific to mine.

      --
      73 Terry WB6TA
      Hayward, CA

    • Nolan Bishop