Power adapter mutes audio

  • dcalef
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2012
      On my UV-3R Mark II I have discovered that if I have the power adapter pluged into the radio, it mutes the audio. If I unplug it, audio is restored and I can plug adapter back in and still have audio. At some point after the current transmission is received, the audio gets muted again.

      Any one else experienced this? Any one have a solution?

      David
    • Bob Carter - MidAtlantic Engineering Serv
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 2, 2012
        I have discovered this issue myself but it is only occurring when the battery reaches a fully charged state.

        If you discover the same with yours, just unplug the charger and let the battery take over and do its thing.

        --
        Bob Carter
        Mid-Atlantic Engineering Service

        Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail.

        KC4QLP / WQJK414
      • David S. Calef
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2012

          Thanks.  That would make sense.  I will try that.

          David

        • anthony jaen
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2012
            disable battery saver on menu

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 2, 2012

              Anthony, thank you for that.  That way I will be able to leave it plugged in while I listen.

              David

            • David S. Calef
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2012

                Anthony, with battery saver off on menu, I still have the problem of audio muted when DC cord is plugged in to radio.

                David

              • anthony jaen
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 4, 2012
                  i will try and replicate what you do