Has anyone seen the new UV-3R Mark III?

  • steve.sirota
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2012
    • DD1GO Joerg Korte
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2012
        MARK 3 is the same as 3 plus!

        Am Sonntag, 1. Juli 2012 schrieben Sie:
        > I saw a very short bit about it on http://www.fleetwooddp.com/digital/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_33&products_id=627
        >
        > Thanks
        > Steve WB9IIT

      • Jon
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2012
          the mark III is very different. The plus's big new feature was the dual display. The Mark III has a new chunkier case design (like a vx8), different battery, not the camera style like the plus. Kenwood K style mic connector instead of the yaesu on the plus. The Mark III's 19th menu option is for priority watch.

          JD

          --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "steve.sirota" <steve.sirota@...> wrote:

          > I saw a very short bit about it on http://www.fleetwooddp.com/digital/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_33&products_id=627
          >
          > Thanks
          > Steve WB9IIT

        • Geoffrey S. Mendelson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2012
            On 7/2/12 4:05 PM, Jon wrote:
            > the mark III is very different. The plus's big new feature was the dual
            > display. The Mark III has a new chunkier case design (like a vx8),
            > different battery, not the camera style like the plus. Kenwood K style
            > mic connector instead of the yaesu on the plus. The Mark III's 19th menu
            > option is for priority watch.

            You are confusing the so called "mark II" with the plus.

            The only difference I can tell is the 19th menu option.

            Geoff.

          • KB#VEW
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2012
              Here is a vendor that is selling the Mark III and a has a picture and description.

              I used a tiny URL link so you can have a clickable link. http://tinyurl.com/85x8oqn

              I have had no dealings with nor do I endorse this vendor.

              Ron P
              KB3VEW

              Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 9:45 AM
              Subject: Re: [UV-3R] Re: Has anyone seen the new UV-3R Mark III?

              On 7/2/12 4:05 PM, Jon wrote:
              > the mark III is very different. The plus's big new feature was the dual
              > display. The Mark III has a new chunkier case design (like a vx8),
              > different battery, not the camera style like the plus. Kenwood K style
              > mic connector instead of the yaesu on the plus. The Mark III's 19th menu
              > option is for priority watch.

              You are confusing the so called "mark II" with the plus.

              The only difference I can tell is the 19th menu option.

              Geoff.

            • mbramwel2001
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2012
                The picture on their website is a "UV 3R +PLUS", the same radio we have been talking about for the past few months.

                When you click on any of the pictures, they show the radio in the charger, cleverly hiding the model sticker. However, if you use your browser's zoom feature, the thumbnail can be read and clearly states "UV-3R*"

                The "Mark III" name must be something they invented to signify that it is not the older dual display model (aka Mark II).