Re: uv 5r wacom chinese speech

  • Mike Wright
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 3, 2012
      Hi
      Menu 14 also cycles through Chinese to English to Off.

      Mike G1VPS
    • jwheatleyus
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2012
        Both of my 5Rs have Menu 14 ON OFF- no language selection.
        JohnW
        W5JHW

        --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Wright" <y100mjw@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        > Menu 14 also cycles through Chinese to English to Off.
        >
        > Mike G1VPS

      • Bill Maxwell
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2012
          Not on my Baofeng UV5R. The menu 14 choices are simply Voice- On or Off. Is this perhaps a point of difference between the Baofeng and Waccom lookalikes?

          Bill VK7MX

          On 4/06/2012 1:52 AM, Mike Wright wrote:

          Hi
          Menu 14 also cycles through Chinese to English to Off.

          Mike G1VPS

        • highcenter01
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 13, 2012
            I am about to pull the trigger on purchase of a UV-5r and am very interested in the specific differences between the Baofeng UV-5r and Waccom UV-5r 5W. Are firmware, cables, programming software, etc., interchangeable? Any insight you can share would be greatly appreciated.

            Thank you!

            ps - I'm a noob, so please go easy on me ;)

            --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, Bill Maxwell <wrmaxwell@...> wrote:

            > Not on my Baofeng UV5R. The menu 14 choices are simply Voice- On or
            > Off.Is this perhaps a point of difference between the Baofeng and Waccom
            > lookalikes?
            >
            > Bill VK7MX
            >
            > On 4/06/2012 1:52 AM, Mike Wright wrote:
            > >

            > > Hi
            > > Menu 14 also cycles through Chinese to English to Off.
            > > Mike G1VPS

          • Bill Maxwell
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 13, 2012
              They t seem to be exactly the same radio. My earlier thought that the choice of language under Menu 14 might be a point of difference appears to have been mistaken. It now appears that later firmware versions offer this choice in both brand names.

              Bill VK7MX

              On 14/06/2012 2:29 AM, highcenter01 wrote:
              I am about to pull the trigger on purchase of a UV-5r and am very interested in the specific differences between the Baofeng UV-5r and Waccom UV-5r 5W. Are firmware, cables, programming software, etc., interchangeable? Any insight you can share would be greatly appreciated.

              Thank you!

              ps - I'm a noob, so please go easy on me ;)

              --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, Bill Maxwell <wrmaxwell@...> wrote:

              Not on my Baofeng UV5R. The menu 14 choices are simply Voice- On or
              Off.Is this perhaps a point of difference between the Baofeng and Waccom
              lookalikes?

              Bill VK7MX

              On 4/06/2012 1:52 AM, Mike Wright wrote:

              Hi
              Menu 14 also cycles through Chinese to English to Off.
              Mike G1VPS

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  UV-3R-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  UV-3R-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • highcenter01
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 14, 2012
                That's what I needed to hear, will be ordering today. Excited...

                Thank you!