Re: UV-3r+Plus price reduction.

  • g4ilo
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 5, 2012
      The Plus looks to be more ruggedly built and you get the drop-in charger which is a major plus in my book. The main reason I ordered one in fact. I do hate it when they drop the price after you order the product. :(

      Still waiting here, too, even though it's long past eBay's latest estimated delivery date. hk360radio won't be getting five stars for shipping from me, that's for sure.

      Julian, G4ILO

      --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "Nigel" <ne472@...> wrote:

      > Possibly but they have previously had only limited stock of the Plus version, I'm still waiting for the one I ordered on 13th Feb which looks like it was posted today.
      > Personally I prefer the Plus to the MK II but have yet to see either!

    • Nigel
      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 5, 2012
        Can you now see tracking info for it on HK Post site?
        Tracking info for mine showed there today for the first time indicating it was posted today despite the fact they (409shop) told me it was posted on the 22 Feb.
        I have ordered from them before and they are usually very quick with items usually taking 7 or 8 days to arrive from date of order. That's why I think in this case they simply didn't have sufficient stock when they first offered them for sale.

        Nigel G8IFN

        --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "g4ilo" <julian.g4ilo@...> wrote:

        > The Plus looks to be more ruggedly built and you get the drop-in charger which is a major plus in my book. The main reason I ordered one in fact. I do hate it when they drop the price after you order the product. :(
        >
        > Still waiting here, too, even though it's long past eBay's latest estimated delivery date. hk360radio won't be getting five stars for shipping from me, that's for sure.
        >
        > Julian, G4ILO
        >
        > --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "Nigel" <ne472@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Possibly but they have previously had only limited stock of the Plus version, I'm still waiting for the one I ordered on 13th Feb which looks like it was posted today.
        > > Personally I prefer the Plus to the MK II but have yet to see either!

      • DavidN
        Message 3 of 25 , Mar 5, 2012
          I think the same too. They were perhaps advertising on Ebay when they knew stock would be coming in, but didn't have it actually in. Naughty or not? I'm not sure. However, I've ordered several other items from them in the past and received them 7 days, to the day, later.

          .d. G4TUP.

          On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Nigel <ne472@...> wrote:

          Can you now see tracking info for it on HK Post site?
          Tracking info for mine showed there today for the first time indicating it was posted today despite the fact they (409shop) told me it was posted on the 22 Feb.
          I have ordered from them before and they are usually very quick with items usually taking 7 or 8 days to arrive from date of order. That's why I think in this case they simply didn't have sufficient stock when they first offered them for sale.

          Nigel G8IFN

          --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "g4ilo" <julian.g4ilo@...> wrote:

          > The Plus looks to be more ruggedly built and you get the drop-in charger which is a major plus in my book. The main reason I ordered one in fact. I do hate it when they drop the price after you order the product. :(
          >
          > Still waiting here, too, even though it's long past eBay's latest estimated delivery date. hk360radio won't be getting five stars for shipping from me, that's for sure.
          >
          > Julian, G4ILO
          >
          > --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "Nigel" <ne472@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Possibly but they have previously had only limited stock of the Plus version, I'm still waiting for the one I ordered on 13th Feb which looks like it was posted today.
          > > Personally I prefer the Plus to the MK II but have yet to see either!

        • mbramwel2001
          Message 4 of 25 , Mar 5, 2012
            I disagree. I have both the Mark-II and the +PLUS version. I think the +PLUS version is a better deal.

            + uses a drop in charger
            + uses the same kind of antenna as my other china brand radios
            + uses a more standard microphone
            + uses a more standard kind of programming cable

            Most likely they received a major shipment and are passing on the savings to the customers.

            --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "pstan82" <pstan82@...> wrote:

            > my opinion is they just want to clear the stock and only selling mark II and UV-5R, since UV-3R+ doesn't add on any better feature...
          • geoffrey mendelson
            Message 5 of 25 , Mar 5, 2012
              On Mar 5, 2012, at 8:41 PM, mbramwel2001 wrote:

              > Most likely they received a major shipment and are passing on the
              > savings to the customers.

              I think they have a lot of explaining to do:

              1. They took people's money with no stock to sell.

              2. They faked shipping documents and listed items as shipped that did
              not exist.

              3. When they did get the stock they lowered the price without
              refunding the difference to the people they sold nonexistent stock to.

              People still have about 15 days to complain to PayPal. When they do,
              look out.

              Geoff.

              --
              Geoffrey S. Mendelson, N3OWJ/4X1GM
              My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(
              Message 6 of 25 , Mar 5, 2012
                or maybe they had some stock but were then simply overwhelmed by the unexpectedly high demand.

                On 6/03/2012 4:28 AM, DavidN wrote: I think the same too. They were perhaps advertising on Ebay when they knew stock would be coming in, but didn't have it actually in. Naughty or not? I'm not sure. However, I've ordered several other items from them in the past and received them 7 days, to the day, later.

                Message 7 of 25 , Mar 6, 2012
                  Nope. It comes up "There is no record of this item." which is a bit worrying. The tracking ID is RC then 9 digits follwed by HK which looks valid.

                  Julian, G4ILO

                  --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "Nigel" <ne472@...> wrote:

                  > Can you now see tracking info for it on HK Post site?
                • Jared
                  Message 8 of 25 , Mar 6, 2012
                    I emailed the and received the following:
                    hi,

                    as the hong kong Post Office system having problem before, therefore many buyer can't
                    tracking at the post office

                    also

                    Outbound Air Mail Services

                    Please note the following updates in relation to outbound air mail services:

                    Due to the significant increase in Bulk Air Mail and Registered Air Mail traffic after
                    the Chinese New Year, Hongkong Post requires longer time than usual to complete the
                    processing of outbound air mail items, which are now subject to delay. We apologise for
                    any inconvenience caused.

                    --

                    Miss Carol,

                     I ordered a UV-3R+Plus on February 8, it was showing shipped on FEB 10,
                    2012 on your website.

                    When I checked the tracking number today MARCH 5, 2012.  Tracking says" Your
                    item was accepted at 3:58 PM on March 05, 2012 in Hong Kong.

                     What is the delay?  I thought it had shipped on February 10, 2012.  Is
                    this the normal delay when ordering from you?

                    J.P.
                    ------- End of Original Message -------

                  • g4ilo
                    Message 9 of 25 , Mar 6, 2012
                      It's curious that the SMA to BNC adapter I ordered at the same time as the Plus (but from radigearpro) managed to arrive more than a week ago. Of course as a small item it didn't have a tracking number.

                      Yesterday I ordered a Wouxun for 70MHz from radiobanker - we'll see how long that takes.

                      Julian, G4ILO

                      --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, Jared <jaredmcg@...> wrote:

                      > I emailed the and received the following:
                      > hi,
                      >
                      > as the hong kong Post Office system having problem before, therefore many buyer can't
                      > tracking at the post office

                    • geoffrey mendelson
                      Message 10 of 25 , Mar 6, 2012
                        On Mar 6, 2012, at 1:44 PM, g4ilo wrote:

                        > It's curious that the SMA to BNC adapter I ordered at the same time
                        > as the Plus (but from radigearpro) managed to arrive more than a
                        > week ago. Of course as a small item it didn't have a tracking number.
                        >
                        > Yesterday I ordered a Wouxun for 70MHz from radiobanker - we'll see
                        > how long that takes.

                        Just for the record Chinese New Year (according to Google) was Jan 23.

                        I ordered a Mark II on Feb 1, the day before the plus was announced
                        and it arrived at the post office on the 16th, and since no one was
                        available to go on the 17th, I got it on the 19th.

                        On the other hand, I'm still waiting for a package ordered on the 1st
                        (fuses and fuseholders) from Hong Kong, and another (programing
                        cable), also from Hong Kong ordered on the 7th.

                        Geoff.

                        --
                      • specradio@yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 25 , Mar 6, 2012
                          Radiogear pro is the best place to order from. Also item's coming clear across the world will take a few week's you know.
                          Sent from my BlackBerry® on the MetroPCS Network

                          From: geoffrey mendelson <geoffreymendelson@...>
                          Sender: UV-3R@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 13:53:51 +0200
                          To: <UV-3R@yahoogroups.com>
                          ReplyTo: UV-3R@yahoogroups.com
                          Subject: Re: [UV-3R] Re: UV-3r+Plus price reduction.

                          Message 12 of 25 , Mar 6, 2012
                            Radiobanker, HK360radio and 409shop are all the same vendor using different IDs on ebay. Your paypal payment to each of them will be to 409shop.
                            I ordered 2 Nagoya 701 antenna, from HK360radio, a couple of days after the UV3R plus and they turned up 6 days after ordering they did have a tracking number and it was evident they were posted next day.
                            It's fairly clear they didn't have much stock when we ordered the UV-3R+ in mid Feb.

                            I got a Wouxun KG-699 for 70MHz from them a year or so ago. That turned up within a week of ordering. Hope there is more 4m activity around your way than there is here :-)

                            Nigel G8IFN

                            --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "g4ilo" <julian.g4ilo@...> wrote:

                            > It's curious that the SMA to BNC adapter I ordered at the same time as the Plus (but from radigearpro) managed to arrive more than a week ago. Of course as a small item it didn't have a tracking number.
                            >
                            > Yesterday I ordered a Wouxun for 70MHz from radiobanker - we'll see how long that takes.
                            >
                            > Julian, G4ILO
                            >
                            > --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, Jared <jaredmcg@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > I emailed the and received the following:
                            > > hi,
                            > >
                            > > as the hong kong Post Office system having problem before, therefore many buyer can't
                            > > tracking at the post office

                          • Nigel
                            Message 13 of 25 , Mar 6, 2012
                              No.
                              Im my experience they take between 4 and 5 days once they are posted.
                              --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, specradio@... wrote:

                              > Radiogear pro is the best place to order from. Also item's coming clear across the world will take a few week's you know.
                              > Sent from my BlackBerry® on the MetroPCS Network

                            • g1kqh
                              Message 14 of 25 , Mar 6, 2012
                                --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "g4ilo" <julian.g4ilo@...> wrote:

                                > It's curious that the SMA to BNC adapter I ordered at the same time as the Plus (but from radigearpro) managed to arrive more than a week ago. Of course as a small item it didn't have a tracking number.

                                I ordered a Plus model on the 22 Feb, and some small stuff on the 17th from Radio Banker (409shop), the small stuff arrived over a week ago, but no rig yet?

                                Have faith they are Chinese they never let one down, more than I can for some UK dealers!

                                There is always customs, maybe they are taking a lengthy look at the little tick in the box on the CN22 marked GIFT? You know how the gov is looking to raise a bit more revenue! :-(

                                73 Steve

                                G1KQH
                              • g4ilo
                                Message 15 of 25 , Mar 7, 2012
                                  I finally got some informatoin using the site http://www.track-trace.com:

                                  "The item (RC069825245HK) is being processed for departure from Hong Kong as of 6-Mar-2012." I was informed by the seller through eBay that it shipped on 20 February. Perhaps there really are delays with China Post?

                                  I've ordered dozens of items from China in the past and most of them arrived in less than two weeks.

                                  Julian, G4ILO

                                  --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "g1kqh" <G1KQH@...> wrote:

                                  > I ordered a Plus model on the 22 Feb, and some small stuff on the 17th from Radio Banker (409shop), the small stuff arrived over a week ago, but no rig yet?
                                  >
                                  > Have faith they are Chinese they never let one down, more than I can for some UK dealers!
                                  >
                                  > There is always customs, maybe they are taking a lengthy look at the little tick in the box on the CN22 marked GIFT? You know how the gov is looking to raise a bit more revenue! :-(
                                  >

                                  > 73 Steve
                                  >
                                  > G1KQH

                                • kb3wsw
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Mar 8, 2012
                                    Hello all. I ordered my UV3R Plus in early February and received a shipping confirm on 2/17. The tracking number would not work. After waiting several weeks I wrote an email and got no response, so, having paid by paypal I requested a resolution. Immediately I got an email from the 409 store in Hong Kong cancelling my order and issuing a refund because I had opened a resolution. Possibly they are out of stock and I jumped the gun impatiently by requesting a resolution. I had ordered direct on their web site. I have re-ordered but this time using Ebay (still the 409 store) and paypal. I'll see, but my guess is they are waiting for stock to come in to fulfill all these orders. Just another perspective. They could not have cancelled my order if it had already shipped on 2/17.

                                    73, KB3WSW Elizabeth

                                    --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "g4ilo" <julian.g4ilo@...> wrote:

                                    > I finally got some informatoin using the site http://www.track-trace.com:
                                    >
                                    > "The item (RC069825245HK) is being processed for departure from Hong Kong as of 6-Mar-2012." I was informed by the seller through eBay that it shipped on 20 February. Perhaps there really are delays with China Post?
                                    >
                                    > I've ordered dozens of items from China in the past and most of them arrived in less than two weeks.
                                    >
                                    > Julian, G4ILO
                                    >
                                    > --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "g1kqh" <G1KQH@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > I ordered a Plus model on the 22 Feb, and some small stuff on the 17th from Radio Banker (409shop), the small stuff arrived over a week ago, but no rig yet?
                                    > >
                                    > > Have faith they are Chinese they never let one down, more than I can for some UK dealers!
                                    > >
                                    > > There is always customs, maybe they are taking a lengthy look at the little tick in the box on the CN22 marked GIFT? You know how the gov is looking to raise a bit more revenue! :-(
                                    > >

                                    > > 73 Steve
                                    > >
                                    > > G1KQH

                                  • g1kqh
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Mar 8, 2012
                                      My order of 22nd for UV-3s plus, now appears to be on the way, despatched today the 8th March. They have also sent me tracking details, so I guess around mid next week we may see them appear??

                                      Nowt heard yet about the UV-5 I ordered towards the end of Feb.

                                      What we also got to remember is Feb is a short month and only 2 weeks have just passed for this order so we are still well in the window of time at the moment and I still trust 409 shop to come up with the goodies :-)

                                      73 Steve

                                      G1KQH

                                      --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "kb3wsw" <kb3wsw@...> wrote:

                                      > Hello all. I ordered my UV3R Plus in early February and received a shipping confirm on 2/17. The tracking number would not work. After waiting several weeks I wrote an email and got no response, so, having paid by paypal I requested a resolution. Immediately I got an email from the 409 store in Hong Kong cancelling my order and issuing a refund because I had opened a resolution. Possibly they are out of stock and I jumped the gun impatiently by requesting a resolution. I had ordered direct on their web site. I have re-ordered but this time using Ebay (still the 409 store) and paypal. I'll see, but my guess is they are waiting for stock to come in to fulfill all these orders. Just another perspective. They could not have cancelled my order if it had already shipped on 2/17.
                                      >
                                      > 73, KB3WSW Elizabeth
                                      >

                                      > --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "g4ilo" <julian.g4ilo@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > I finally got some informatoin using the site http://www.track-trace.com:
                                      > >
                                      > > "The item (RC069825245HK) is being processed for departure from Hong Kong as of 6-Mar-2012." I was informed by the seller through eBay that it shipped on 20 February. Perhaps there really are delays with China Post?
                                      > >
                                      > > I've ordered dozens of items from China in the past and most of them arrived in less than two weeks.
                                      > >
                                      > > Julian, G4ILO
                                      > >
                                      > > --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "g1kqh" <G1KQH@> wrote:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > I ordered a Plus model on the 22 Feb, and some small stuff on the 17th from Radio Banker (409shop), the small stuff arrived over a week ago, but no rig yet?
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Have faith they are Chinese they never let one down, more than I can for some UK dealers!
                                      > > >
                                      > > > There is always customs, maybe they are taking a lengthy look at the little tick in the box on the CN22 marked GIFT? You know how the gov is looking to raise a bit more revenue! :-(
                                      > > >

                                      > > > 73 Steve
                                      > > >
                                      > > > G1KQH

                                    • Nigel
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Mar 8, 2012
                                        Yes Im sure they will deliver.
                                        My guess is the same as yours they didn't have much stock in early Feb. My UV-3R ordered on 13th Feb was actually posted on the 5th March. I guess they had a delivery from the factory last weekend.

                                        I noticed on the UV-5R group some comments indicating that 409shop had no stocks of the UV-5R but radioshop888 have.
                                        Last night I ordered a 5R from radioshop88 on ebay. When I checked my email this morning there was a notification of despatch with tracking number.

                                        Nigel G8IFN

                                        --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "g1kqh" <G1KQH@...> wrote:

                                        > My order of 22nd for UV-3s plus, now appears to be on the way, despatched today the 8th March. They have also sent me tracking details, so I guess around mid next week we may see them appear??
                                        >
                                        > Nowt heard yet about the UV-5 I ordered towards the end of Feb.
                                        >
                                        > What we also got to remember is Feb is a short month and only 2 weeks have just passed for this order so we are still well in the window of time at the moment and I still trust 409 shop to come up with the goodies :-)
                                        >

                                        > 73 Steve
                                        >
                                        > G1KQH
                                        >

                                        > --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "kb3wsw" <kb3wsw@> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > Hello all. I ordered my UV3R Plus in early February and received a shipping confirm on 2/17. The tracking number would not work. After waiting several weeks I wrote an email and got no response, so, having paid by paypal I requested a resolution. Immediately I got an email from the 409 store in Hong Kong cancelling my order and issuing a refund because I had opened a resolution. Possibly they are out of stock and I jumped the gun impatiently by requesting a resolution. I had ordered direct on their web site. I have re-ordered but this time using Ebay (still the 409 store) and paypal. I'll see, but my guess is they are waiting for stock to come in to fulfill all these orders. Just another perspective. They could not have cancelled my order if it had already shipped on 2/17.
                                        > >
                                        > > 73, KB3WSW Elizabeth
                                        > >

                                        > > --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "g4ilo" <julian.g4ilo@> wrote:
                                        > > >
                                        > > > I finally got some informatoin using the site http://www.track-trace.com:
                                        > > >
                                        > > > "The item (RC069825245HK) is being processed for departure from Hong Kong as of 6-Mar-2012." I was informed by the seller through eBay that it shipped on 20 February. Perhaps there really are delays with China Post?
                                        > > >
                                        > > > I've ordered dozens of items from China in the past and most of them arrived in less than two weeks.
                                        > > >
                                        > > > Julian, G4ILO

                                      • Bill Maxwell
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Mar 8, 2012
                                          Well, that may not necessarily follow. Perhaps they could have shipped it, or at least taken it to the HK Post Office when they said but it then vanished while in the big queue there, awaiting processing. Then, when you requested a Paypal resolution, 409 may have decided it was best all round to give you a refund. They really would not want difficulty with Paypal nor indeed with unhappy international customers.

                                          I can only repeat my experience, extending back to 2005 and involving many thousands of dollars in orders. 409shop has never let me down.

                                          That said, there are obvious indications of supply difficulties with both the UV-3R Plus and the UV-5R models at the moment.

                                          73
                                          Bill, VK7MX
                                          On 8/03/2012 9:02 PM, kb3wsw wrote:
[...]

                                          <*> Your email settings:
                                              Individual Email | Traditional

                                          <*> To change settings online go to:
                                              (Yahoo! ID required)

                                          <*> To change settings via email:
                                              UV-3R-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                              UV-3R-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                        • g1kqh
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Mar 8, 2012
                                            --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "g4ilo" <julian.g4ilo@...> wrote:
                                            charger which is a major plus in my book. The main reason I ordered one in fact. I do hate it when they drop the price after you order the product. :(

                                            > Julian, G4ILO

                                            I have also raised the question with 409 shop about reducing price after orders placed, not though I think they are bad guys but the practice does seem a bit suspect?

                                            I suggest if you paid a bit more than the current price of £27.90 per unit then a simple email asking the question, you never know they may send you a little gift if they feel you were upset?

                                            73 Steve

                                            G1KQH
                                          • Bob G1BCZ
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Mar 8, 2012
                                              Hi Julian I ordered a 3R plus from 409shop, it took three times the usual time to get here, I suspect they were overwhelmed by orders and did not have the stock available. Still it was worth waiting for, much better construction, better buttons and all the complaints about the 3R seem to have been sorted out.
                                              Bob G1BCZ