Save function?

  • chopc@wirefree.net.au
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2012
      I have noticed that after monitoring a frequency for a while the radio stops receiving totally , a quick press of the Tx restores it ,

      Is this a fault with my rig or is it part of the "save" function ?

      If so, I think it must be the worst battery saving idea ever :-) , I have understtod that the idea was that battery save functions turned the Rx off for a period of time ( 900mS or whatever )and on for the remaining 100mS, cycling like this if no signals are received then restored the Rx fully on for 100% if the squelch was triggered during the on time

      Art VK2AEC
    • ac jaen

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 29, 2012
          > I have noticed that after monitoring a frequency for a while the radio stops receiving totally , a quick press of the Tx restores it ,

          Very strange behavior Art and Ac Jaen. I have a MarkI (1 line
          display), listen 99% of the time and never observed that malfunction.

          Does it happen on a busy or on a seldomly used frequency?

          Which version (markI, markII) and serial number are you using?

          Paolo
        • John Kats
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 29, 2012
            I have that problem to with my baofeng it's no big deal as it only happen's sometime....
            > I have noticed that after monitoring a frequency for a while the radio stops receiving totally , a quick press of the Tx restores it ,

            Very strange behavior Art and Ac Jaen. I have a MarkI (1 line
            display), listen 99% of the time and never observed that malfunction.

            Does it happen on a busy or on a seldomly used frequency?

            Which version (markI, markII) and serial number are you using?

            Paolo
          • jwheatleyus
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2012
              I have a Mark II- Left it on all night with Save Function checked and it was still receiving the next morning. Apparently it does not exhibit the problem.
              JohnW
              W5JHW