RELAYM

  • Bay. Wald
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 21, 2011
      the manual says:

      maybe my English is not good enough, but I don't understand
      what that means.
      Can anybody explain how that works ?

      tnx 73
      Kurt
      DJ0ABR

    • dl6er_nick
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 21, 2011
        Hi Kurt,

        I think your English will just work well, but your Chinese might be a little rusty (hihi). Surely the translation is bad at this point.

        As far as it has been discused here, no one known about it and no one has experienced any difference with it and without it...

        Does anybody know how to get the (original ?) Chinese Version of the manual? Maybe we could translate it a little better...

        73 Nick, DL6ER

        --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "Bay. Wald" <harry4516@...> wrote:

        > the manual says:
        >

        > maybe my English is not good enough, but I don't understand
        > what that means.
        > Can anybody explain how that works ?
        >
        > tnx 73
        > Kurt
        > DJ0ABR

      • Roberto Ferrari
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 21, 2011
          probably talking about CTCSS,     me English no good 2

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 29, 2011
            But there is already a section, two actually to set the CTCSS for RX and TX. If it were DCS there would be a way to set it not just activate it. Maybe to set the 1750 tone? At first, with "relay" I was wondering about cross band repeat.

            Maybe it toggles on and off all CTCSS functions altogether to hear the repeater without tone squelch?

            Don't have mine just yet (it's on the way) but have been reading up on these things.

            Sean
            KB8JNE
          • dl6er_nick
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 30, 2011
              Hi Sean,

              I've tried your suggestions, but as far I could bring up any relation to the setting of RELAYM ...

              Some days ago I had the idea that it *might* be a feature to use with possible future radio-repeaters of Vero (e.g. Baofeng, ...)?

              It remains an eternal mystery - perhaps they have merely added a menu item without any function? (hihi)

              73's
              Nick, DL6ER

              --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "mchenryproj" <mchenryproj@...> wrote:

              > But there is already a section, two actually to set the CTCSS for RX and TX. If it were DCS there would be a way to set it not just activate it. Maybe to set the 1750 tone? At first, with "relay" I was wondering about cross band repeat.
              >
              > Maybe it toggles on and off all CTCSS functions altogether to hear the repeater without tone squelch?
              >
              > Don't have mine just yet (it's on the way) but have been reading up on these things.
              >
              > Sean
              > KB8JNE

            • dl6er_nick
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 30, 2011
                Correction:
                ...but as far I could NOT bring up any relation...

                --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "dl6er_nick" <dderigs@...> wrote:

                > Hi Sean,
                >
                > I've tried your suggestions, but as far I could bring up any relation to the setting of RELAYM ...
                >
                > Some days ago I had the idea that it *might* be a feature to use with possible future radio-repeaters of Vero (e.g. Baofeng, ...)?
                >
                > It remains an eternal mystery - perhaps they have merely added a menu item without any function? (hihi)
                >

                > 73's
                > Nick, DL6ER
                >
                > --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "mchenryproj" <mchenryproj@> wrote:
                > >
                > > But there is already a section, two actually to set the CTCSS for RX and TX. If it were DCS there would be a way to set it not just activate it. Maybe to set the 1750 tone? At first, with "relay" I was wondering about cross band repeat.
                > >
                > > Maybe it toggles on and off all CTCSS functions altogether to hear the repeater without tone squelch?
                > >
                > > Don't have mine just yet (it's on the way) but have been reading up on these things.
                > >
                > > Sean
                > > KB8JNE

              • Russell Millspaw
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 30, 2011
                  Has anyone thought about possibly it is a function to clone one UV-3R to another one??
                  Trying to translate "RELAYM" in Chinglish could mean to transfer (relay) settings. Thought about it, but don't have a cable to try it yet.  Lots of speculation about x-band repeat, It is my understanding this is a  SINGLE VFO radio which would damage that theory wouldn't it?
                    73         Russ   N2RUS

                  ...but as far I could NOT bring up any relation...

                  --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "dl6er_nick" <dderigs@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Sean,
                  >
                  > I've tried your suggestions, but as far I could bring up any relation to the setting of RELAYM ...
                  >
                  > Some days ago I had the idea that it *might* be a feature to use with possible future radio-repeaters of Vero (e.g. Baofeng, ...)?
                  >
                  > It remains an eternal mystery - perhaps they have merely added a menu item without any function? (hihi)
                  >

                  > 73's
                  > Nick, DL6ER
                  >
                  > --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "mchenryproj" <mchenryproj@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > But there is already a section, two actually to set the CTCSS for RX and TX. If it were DCS there would be a way to set it not just activate it. Maybe to set the 1750 tone? At first, with "relay" I was wondering about cross band repeat.
                  > >
                  > > Maybe it toggles on and off all CTCSS functions altogether to hear the repeater without tone squelch?
                  > >
                  > > Don't have mine just yet (it's on the way) but have been reading up on these things.
                  > >
                  > > Sean
                  > > KB8JNE

                • Roberto Ferrari
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 30, 2011
                    Did anyone tried programming it with the VX-3R programming cable.
                    The pinout is the same.