Need Help With A Stupid Question

  • woodenigloo@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2011
      Hi, I'm new here and the owner of a Baofeng UV-3R Mark II (Running UV3R
      Software version 1.07)

      I managed to get the radio speaking to the computer, etc. Now, how do I program
      the damn thing?

      I'm quite used to using RTSystems.com software to program my Yaesu VX-3R.

      How do you feed in the frequencies so they'll stick?

      And how to auto add the TX offset channel? On RT Systems, it's as easy as
      pushing the "enter key"

      Is there a help file available for using the software w/ the radio? And if so,
      could you please link me. I'd appreciate any help, tips, whatever you have to
      offer
    • Dan Morrison
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2012
        Check out the FAQ - many questions have been asked and answered.  Failing that, just ask for help.  Happy New Year.

        Dan

        "It is not the style of clothes one wears, neither the kind of automobile one drives, nor the amount of money one has in the bank, that counts. These mean nothing. It is simply service that measures success."

        George Washington Carver

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2012
          --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, Dan Morrison <doc.morrison@...> wrote:

          > questions have been asked and answered. Failing that, just ask for help.
          > Happy New Year.
          >
          > Dan
          >
          > "It is not the style of clothes one wears, neither the kind of automobile
          > one drives, nor the amount of money one has in the bank, that counts. These
          > mean nothing. It is simply service that measures success."
          >
          > George Washington Carver
          >

          > On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 23:29, woodenigloo@... <
          > woodenigloo@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Hi, I'm new here and the owner of a Baofeng UV-3R Mark II (Running UV3R
          > > Software version 1.07)
          > >
          > > I managed to get the radio speaking to the computer, etc. Now, how do I
          > > program
          > > the damn thing?

          OK, after reading the entire FAQ, I don't see anything addressing importing or Exporting .csv files and if they work or not. I exported a .csv file from my Yaesu VX-3R and tried impoirting it into both the Baofeng Software as well as the CHIRP software. I'm receiving the error message "No Channels Found" What next?
        • Don Poaps
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2012
            I got sort of the same message but it said headers on mine. I can't help on this one.

            Don
            VA7DGP
            Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

            From: "woodenigloo@..." <woodenigloo@...>
            Sender: UV-3R@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 13:04:02 -0000
            To: <UV-3R@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: UV-3R@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [UV-3R] Re: Need Help With A Stupid Question

            --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, Dan Morrison <doc.morrison@...> wrote:

            > questions have been asked and answered. Failing that, just ask for help.
            > Happy New Year.
            >
            > Dan
            >
            > "It is not the style of clothes one wears, neither the kind of automobile
            > one drives, nor the amount of money one has in the bank, that counts. These
            > mean nothing. It is simply service that measures success."
            >
            > George Washington Carver
            >

            > On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 23:29, woodenigloo@... <
            > woodenigloo@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Hi, I'm new here and the owner of a Baofeng UV-3R Mark II (Running UV3R
            > > Software version 1.07)
            > >
            > > I managed to get the radio speaking to the computer, etc. Now, how do I
            > > program
            > > the damn thing?

            OK, after reading the entire FAQ, I don't see anything addressing importing or Exporting .csv files and if they work or not. I exported a .csv file from my Yaesu VX-3R and tried impoirting it into both the Baofeng Software as well as the CHIRP software. I'm receiving the error message "No Channels Found" What next?

          • Bart KA7ZFD
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 1, 2012
              Although the Baofeng software does all the basic programming, it is not very user friendly. Try using the program called Chirp for final memory programming after the initial setup using the VU3R one, it is much easier to use and it allows copy/paste functions. You can find it and more on this in the Posts and in the FAQ. And, yes, you can move the Yaesu info over in Chirp --
              Bart

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 1, 2012
                --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "woodenigloo@..." <woodenigloo@...> wrote:

                > Hi, I'm new here and the owner of a Baofeng UV-3R Mark II (Running UV3R
                > Software version 1.07)
                >
                > I managed to get the radio speaking to the computer, etc. Now, how do I program
                > the damn thing?
                >
                > I'm quite used to using RTSystems.com software to program my Yaesu VX-3R.
                >
                > How do you feed in the frequencies so they'll stick?
                >
                > And how to auto add the TX offset channel? On RT Systems, it's as easy as
                > pushing the "enter key"
                >
                > Is there a help file available for using the software w/ the radio? And if so,
                > could you please link me. I'd appreciate any help, tips, whatever you have to
                > offer

                In reading the FAQ and trying to find a more updated version of my software (I'm running 1.07) I find the link to the software page to be dead:

                http://www.verotelecom.com/

                Does anyone else have a link for version 1.10 or which ever version is suitable for my serial number.

                Thanks

                UV-3R Mark II
                S/N: 3110724681
              • Bart KA7ZFD
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 1, 2012
                  This link has a lot of downloads and a few variations of the software:

                  http://www.uv3r.com/Index.html