Re: Cross Band Operation

  • João
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2011
      Yes, this radio is a cross band, you can transmitt in vhf e receive in uhf or the oposite.
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2011
        All within the same programed channel???
        Steve

        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2011
          Correction, it is not a crossband because crossband means that you can receive at the same time that you transmite in other band and this feature there are only a few models even the most radios that have 2 vfo not do this.
          I think what do you mean is if it is possible to operate UHF in rx and when you make ptt it transmit in vhf for example to operate AO-27, AO-51 and other similar things. Yes, this it is possible to do with the UV-3R but only using the computer to program this frequencies.

          Regards
          João
        • Bob Parsons
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2011
            I think the term cross-band isnt correct terminology,split-band operation I would say is correct as it is not full duplex on this radio.
            I have tried this in software works fine.