How much power in a harmonic ?

  • andyfoad@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2011
      Just pondering on how much power might be escaping from
      a 145Mhz harmonic.

      Assuming a power of 1.5 watts and the harmonic is 32db down,
      then I make that harmonic as 1 milliwatt.

      Then have an untuned antenna at the harmonic frequency and you
      could have almost 10db more attenuation of the harmonic.

      Assuming 10db for easy maths, then the power of the radiated
      harmonic is 1/10th of 1 milliwatt.

      Or 0.1mW.

      - Andy -