Saved channel selection

  • ve6gl
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 21, 2011
      I just received two new upgraded units with dual band antenna. After saving several channels in the memory, I can't find how to recall them from the manual. Can someone help?
    • W3FIS
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 21, 2011
        Press the U/V button. It switches between the VHF VFO, the UHF VFO, and the memory. In the memory mode, lift and rotate the dial to the desired channel.

        /paul W3FIS
      • ve6gl
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 21, 2011
          Do I have to change the vfo or can I select channel 1 or 2 etc? When I push the u/v button it only changes between UHF/VHF turning the dial button only changes the vfo frequency. Is this different than other models?

          Jim/ve6gl

          --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "W3FIS" <deadgoose@...> wrote:

          > Press the U/V button. It switches between the VHF VFO, the UHF VFO, and the memory. In the memory mode, lift and rotate the dial to the desired channel.
          >
          > /paul W3FIS

        • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 21, 2011
            I just tried it to remind myself and on my original UV-3R pressing the
            U/V toggles between UHF and VHF VFOs. HOLDING the U/V button for a
            while will switch to channel mode when I finally release the button.
            Holding it again will switch back to the VFO (and toggle) mode when I
            release it.

            On 10/21/2011 5:00 PM, ve6gl wrote:
            > Do I have to change the vfo or can I select channel 1 or 2 etc? When I push the u/v button it only changes between UHF/VHF turning the dial button only changes the vfo frequency. Is this different than other models?
            >
            > Jim/ve6gl
            >

            > --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "W3FIS"<deadgoose@...> wrote:
            >> Press the U/V button. It switches between the VHF VFO, the UHF VFO, and the memory. In the memory mode, lift and rotate the dial to the desired channel.
            >>
            >> /paul W3FIS

          • Nuno Xavier
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 21, 2011
              Mine is not the Mark II, but...
              Instead of pressing the u/v Key, press and hold it.
              All buttons have both these options:
              "Simple press" and "press and hold"

              Somewhere there is uv3r "cheat sheet", maybe on brickalore.com (??). I found it very useful when starting with this radio.
              Nuno

              Enviado do meu BlackBerry® da tmn

              From: "ve6gl" <ve6gl@...>
              Sender: UV-3R@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 21:00:53 -0000
              To: <UV-3R@yahoogroups.com>
              ReplyTo: UV-3R@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: [UV-3R] Re: Saved channel selection

              Do I have to change the vfo or can I select channel 1 or 2 etc? When I push the u/v button it only changes between UHF/VHF turning the dial button only changes the vfo frequency. Is this different than other models?

              Jim/ve6gl

              --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "W3FIS" <deadgoose@...> wrote:

              > Press the U/V button. It switches between the VHF VFO, the UHF VFO, and the memory. In the memory mode, lift and rotate the dial to the desired channel.
              >
              > /paul W3FIS

            • Don Poaps
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 21, 2011
                Did you program via HT or Software? If Program see VHF-U. Going by memory. That will have both

                Don
                VA7DGP

                Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

                From: "ve6gl" <ve6gl@...>