display fault?

  • ivo_hubik
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2011
      Hello,
      on display of my UV-3R MKII I can't see bottom icon line (small icons between S-meter and VFO frequency) as pictured on MKII photos. Is it any fault on the display?

      Ivo,OK2SHI
    • andyfoad@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2011
        They will not be there unless you actually USE the functions
        they indicate.

        --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "ivo_hubik" <ivo@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        > on display of my UV-3R MKII I can't see bottom icon line (small icons between S-meter and VFO frequency) as pictured on MKII photos. Is it any fault on the display?
        >
        > Ivo,OK2SHI

      • Darvell Hunt (N7LN)
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2011
          Today, I got my new MTC UV-3R from Texas, just 3 days after ordering. Wow, that's better than 3 weeks from Hong Kong!

          What's in the package is a little different from what I got from 409shop. The dual-band antenna is even longer than the one I got on my Mark II, at about 18cm. I'm surprised at that! I verified that it is the Mark I, not the Mark II. It also came with a speaker-mic headset and the box was much different from my Hong Kong versions. And, I got shipping to my door in 3 days for $55 total. Not bad!

          Other than saying "MTC" instead of "BAOFENG", it looks identical to my other ones.

          I haven't verified if it has a harmonic problem or not, but I'll check into that.

          Darvell (N7LN)
        • rico567
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2011
            I can't wait to see what I get from Deal Extreme....the brand on their UV-3R is "Magiksun." Why did I order from these guys? The price was right, I didn't have to use a credit card....and part of buying something like this is just the "SURPRISE!" factor when you open the box.....

            --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "Darvell Hunt \(N7LN\)" <n7ln@...> wrote:

            > Today, I got my new MTC UV-3R from Texas, just 3 days after ordering. Wow, that's better than 3 weeks from Hong Kong!
            >
            > What's in the package is a little different from what I got from 409shop. The dual-band antenna is even longer than the one I got on my Mark II, at about 18cm. I'm surprised at that! I verified that it is the Mark I, not the Mark II. It also came with a speaker-mic headset and the box was much different from my Hong Kong versions. And, I got shipping to my door in 3 days for $55 total. Not bad!
            >
            > Other than saying "MTC" instead of "BAOFENG", it looks identical to my other ones.
            >
            > I haven't verified if it has a harmonic problem or not, but I'll check into that.
            >
            > Darvell (N7LN)

          • - -
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2011
              Did MTC ship it by USPS?

              Chris
              KF8ZR

              --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "Darvell Hunt \(N7LN\)" <n7ln@...> wrote:

              > Today, I got my new MTC UV-3R from Texas, just 3 days after ordering. Wow, that's better than 3 weeks from Hong Kong!
              >
              > What's in the package is a little different from what I got from 409shop. The dual-band antenna is even longer than the one I got on my Mark II, at about 18cm. I'm surprised at that! I verified that it is the Mark I, not the Mark II. It also came with a speaker-mic headset and the box was much different from my Hong Kong versions. And, I got shipping to my door in 3 days for $55 total. Not bad!
              >
              > Other than saying "MTC" instead of "BAOFENG", it looks identical to my other ones.
              >
              > I haven't verified if it has a harmonic problem or not, but I'll check into that.
              >
              > Darvell (N7LN)

            • Darvell Hunt (N7LN)
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 2, 2011
                Yes they did! I purchased something earlier in the week from MTC and it was shipped via UPS, apparently because it was heavier. I still haven't gotten the item I purchased first, but the radio was QUICK.

                Darvell