Re: Odd & ends and observations

  • Remy Bosio Jr
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2011
      I still have my DT wrist radio!   Course it's just a toy.:-&lt sigh

      I can't wait till they come out with the surgically implanted all mode,all flavors radio.   Just implant it behind the mastoid area of the ear and presto!   The antenna will be just under your skin down the arm of your choice.
      Perhaps in 20 years or so Beofeng will be selling one for $35,995!  (surgical fees and all band antenna not included)=)) rolling on the floor

      Remy A. Bosio Jr.
      President, Beachview Heights Civic Assn.Inc.
      Life Member,Pontchartrain Ast. Soc. Inc.
      American Legion Post 0133
      Jefferson Amateur Radio Club
      Amateur Radio Callsign: N5VEG
      Member:Rivertown Advisory Committee

      [IMG]

      http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f

      226/Skyeye45/14Dec27_71-thumb.jpg

      [/IMG]

      http://pasnola.org

      "Always Looking UP!"
    • W3FIS
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2011
        Reading up on the chip in the Baofeng, it has all sorts of possibilities for more general purpose rigs. Just for chuckles, line up the Baefeng next to a Wouxun and a Yaesu VX-170 for comparison of size.

        I think you need the lanyard/leash for the Baefeng, just to keep from loosing it!

        /paul W3FIS
      • Roberto Ferrari

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2011
            I did a reset to clear the pre-programmed frequencies.

            Grant, ZL2BK

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 3, 2011
              My dog has an implanted RFID chip...

              /paul W3FIS