8819Re: Aircraft band

  • Reed White
    Nov 13, 2013
      When transmitting from an FM radio to an AM radio, try shifting your
      transmit frequency up or down from 5K to 10K Hz. This will better fool
      the detector in the distant AM receiver. I have done this and it works
      well for short ranges, but not so well for long distances like 5-60 miles.

      As you probably know, 121.5 is still monitored by FAA ground stations,
      but no longer by the satellites (last I heard). So the 121.5 frequency
      might not be dependable if you need to use it from a down airplane.

      ... Reed K7FLY
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic