8816Re: [UV-3R] Aircraft band

  • Bill Maxwell
    Nov 13, 2013
      Not ideal? Well, even assuming running FM on an AM frequency allocation is going to work, buzzy or otherwise, there wouldn't be much point tuning in 122.5 MHz., as the rest of the world, sensibly using FM radios, will be monitoring the real  international distress frequency of 121.5 MHz. I suggest you get yourself an Airband handheld, using AM, and get far more reliable communications, especially when it may count.
      On 13/11/2013 8:22 PM, dovidjensen@... wrote:

      While it is not ideal running FM on the AM aircraft band the distortion is not bad, it just sounds a bit buzzy like talking through a blown headset.
      I tried to program my UV-3R MkII using CHIRP on Ubuntu Linux but it will not allow me to program that far down in frequency.
      I want between 118–138Mhz or even just 122.5Mhz distress freq so I can use it for emergency calling.

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic