      The low price of this radio requires that somewhere the components are cheaper than what we're accustomed to...

      ;-)

      -Sylvain, via  iPhone

      Le 2013-11-06 à 07:36, "John LaMartina" <johnla@...> a écrit :

      Just checked… Mine does the same thing. I haven’t used it in a couple weeks and sure nuff, displayed for about a second then faded.

      I’ll guess it is related to a cold display.

      I agree with Mike. Consider it a feature they threw in for free.  :- )

      John K3NXU . . . http://www.miklor.com/UV3R

      From: UV-3R@yahoogroups.com [mailto:UV-3R@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of mparrott@...
      Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 7:27 AM
      To: UV-3R@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [UV-3R] RE: Display problem?

      I think this is a known “feature”. Mine has been doing that since I bought it.

      I reminds me of back in the day when TV and radios had to warm up before using them. :-)

      Mike

      N4MEP

      ---In uv-3r@yahoogroups.com, <k5ddj@...> wrote:

      When I turn on my UV-3R+ after not using it for a while all of the segments on the display will lite up and then slowly fade away in a few seconds leaving  just the freqency displayed like it should be. If I turn the radio off and then back on again it displays correctly.  It's only after being off some time that this happens.  Do I have a potential problem to worry about?

      Harvey, K5DDJ

      No virus found in this message.