8793Re: Need Help

  • m6mfp
    Oct 31, 2013
      Probably because you'd have to install the driver software, the library would say "no" for fear of unwelcome malware, they have to be cautious.

      Do you have a friend with a computer? You'll have to load the cable driver first (use v3.2.0) and the ZT-V68 s/w works best (best English anyway) and that will run from a flash drive, or just buy an old PC or laptop from a garage sale cheaply, you only need to program the radio, right? Sell it afterwards for you money back. It doesn't need to be modern or fast and Win XP will do.

      The channel frequencies are easy enough to find (if you don't have them already) and as for compliance with this or that regulation/certificate/blah blah legal stuff who's gonna know, just don't boast down the local bar after beer o'clock or use in front of the authorities :)

      They're not normally going to interfere with anything in the real world, AM CB and taxi radios will do more damage to appliances and tech. It's not that they don't comply, they probably haven't even been tested yet. When they do test them I'm sure they will be approved, but if it's typical gov'ment bureaucracy it probably won't be soon. Those wheels are slow to turn usually.

      --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, Ernie Rice <ranger2995@...> wrote:

      > Good idea but the local library told me no !
      >
      > Ernie
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > > On Oct 29, 2013, at 13:21, Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Do you have a Library near by? Do you have a flash drive. Download the programing software to the flash drive at the PC at the library. Program HT using the flash drive. Or someone elses PC.
      > >
      > > just a thought.
      > >
      > > Don VA7DGP
      > >
      > >> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Ernie Rice <ranger2995@...> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> Yeah I belong to that group but all I get there is the old "that radio is not part 19 accepted ".
      > >>
      > >> Ernie
      > >>
      > >> Sent from my iPhone

      > > --
      > > Don Poaps
      > > New Westminster, BC
      > > VA7DGP
      > > Satern Member
      > > Vector Member
      > > Surrey Amateur Radio
      > > Metrotown Salvation Army Community Church Member

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic