7828UV-3R Can't PTT while receiving

  • John
    Nov 5, 2012
      On my UV-3R, I the PTT is disabled when receiving a signal. This is rather annoying as our repeater has a several second "tail" after a transmission. This makes it pretty much impossible to break into a conversation, especially when other participants don't wait for the carrier to drop.

      Sometimes I can get around this by turning the frequency to an adjacent channel, flipping back, and hitting the PTT before it picks up the current signal.

      I haven't seen anyone else mention this and I was wondering if it's a common issue or something specific to mine.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic