6761Re: Priority question/problem

  • teema1
    May 1, 2012
      I am having the same issue described below. I have 2 Mark IIs from different vendors, and both seem to work fine except for Priority. Am I doing something wrong?

      I have tried it set to different channels (from the software), tried it in Channel Mode, Frequency Mode, while scanning (both modes), and with Dual Watch active or not. It doesn't seem to do anything.

      The manual is of course no help unless you have difficulty with the concept of turning a knob to select either ON or OFF. Most of us have more than a one-bit brain and would like to know what Priority does and how to use it.

      Any help would be appreciated.
      Ian

      --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "w0rmt" <w0rmt@...> wrote:

      > I re-programmed the radio and set priority to channel 6 instead of channel 1, but still no joy. It seems that at least one other person here has experienced the same problem. Has anyone successfully solved it?
      >
      > Thanks-
      >

      > > --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "w0rmt" <w0rmt@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I've had my UV-3R for about a week. One thing does not seem to be working for me: priority. I have set channel 1 as the priority channel (using the software)and enabled PRI>ON (menu 19). When I select another memory channel on the HT (e.g., channel 4) it does not "watch" channel 1.
      > > >
      > > > There are no gaps in my memory channels (an issue that seems to have plagued some others on the list). And for further reference, DW does work. The priority problem exists whether DW is enabled or not.
      > > >
      > > > Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.
      > > >
      > > > 73 de Bud
      > > > W0RMT

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic