4762Re: All software working well except CSV import.

  • Sailor
    Feb 1, 2012
      Ok, I will try the csv route again, have been doing this remotely from my work computer to home, I will wait till I get home to make it easier.

      I will edit the uv3 csv to include the freqs I want then try importing them back to the radio. I may have been trying to import the FT-857 csv I dont remember. I will update later.

      Thanks for the help.

      --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "Bart KA7ZFD" <ka7zfd@...> wrote:

      > JH;
      > Sorry for being a bit cryptic, that's what I get for keeping it short.
      > Once you have your file open in a tab in Chirp, there are a couple methods to use.
      > One is to make the changes inside of the spreadsheet program (Open Office, Excel, etc), save and then Import into Chirp. This allows out of band freqs to be entered directly into Chirp by means of the download from the radio. Chirp does not allow out of band freqs to be pasted or entered directly even with the extended range downloaded from the radio (at least with my experience so far). But this method also does not upload the basic programming from the UV3R/4X programming reliably either, so is not an optimal option. (Please correct me if there is a something I am missing since I am going from memory and not testing as I write.) Also note that the .csv file has generic scanner columns that are not needed in the Baofeng but are listed there anyway.
      > The other method is to copy/paste from one Chirp tab to another. The biggest problem with this method is, again, Chirps failure to allow out of band freqs even tho the radio accepts the out of band programming. Because of this disparagement in systems, I have found that I need to enter some of my freqs (such as my local 220 repeaters) in UV software first which allows Chirp to accept them.
      > You can then download the file created in the first instance back into UV software to make final basic setup changes and save that. Going back to Chirp and download yet again and you have all of the items saved in Chirp. Not optimal, but it works for me. Now if we can get Dan to modify Chirp to allow out of band entries (like 220 or public service) then we would save a lot of headaches.
      > I used this method for a few different programming sets, such as duplicating my Yaesu FT 8900 setup and entering some Uniden and RS scanner freqs , also programmed by Chirp.
      > There may be better ways of doing this, and I hope someone lists them soon, I don't like the way I do it now.
      >
      > 73 Bart ka7zfd
      >
      > If it is all still clear as mud, then you are seeing it the same way I do! hi
      >

      > --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "Sailor" <jhlewis10@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Ok, I am feeling dumb, I can build a computer but this is silly. I have my my UV3 file up in chirp, read from radio and saved as img. If I understand you I open a new tab and import my csv into that then copy the channels from the new tab to the uv3 tab?
      > >
      > > Problem is my csv file (open office calc) is 99 memories, when I import I only get 15 of them. No other memories with check boxes.
      > >

      > > --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "Bart KA7ZFD" <ka7zfd@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Open the data file separately and use 'copy & paste' to do it.
      > > > Bart ka7zfd

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic