254Re: Dual Band antenna recommendation?

  • g4ilo
    Jun 1, 2011
      --- In UV-3R@yahoogroups.com, "g4ilo" <julian.g4ilo@...> wrote:
      > I found the NA-701 performs on a par with the stock rubber duck antennas from Yaesu (and better than Kenwood antennas which seem to resonate aroound 160MHz). I did find the single band 2m antenna that came with the UV-3R performed about 3dB better than the NA-701. I have not found any other antenna that size which performs that well, but it does not seem possible to find a dual band antenna that does not sacrifice performance without gooing for something much bigger.

      Ignore that. I misread my writing and the comparison was with the NA-401 not the 701.

      The NA-701 does perform similar to dual band rubber ducks from Yaesu. The single band VHF antenna with the UV-3R is about 3dB *poorer* than the NA-701. But it is half the size.

      Julian, G4ILO
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic