    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2013
      From the Desk of Bob Vosseller

      SUB SPACE CHATTER: The Pre-R7 Conference Edition
      The official R7 Command News Bulletin
      By Vice Regional Coordinator Admiral Bob Vosseller
      Welcome to autumn 2013. We’re about one month away to perhaps the most exciting regional event of this year, the R7 Conference to be held at the Embassy Suites in Maryland.
      The dates of this year's conference will be November 8-10. The bulk of programming will be on Saturday with some panels and workshops held on Sunday. Friday evening will be the RC mixer hosted by RC Wayne.

      The location will be the Embassy Suites in Hunt Valley, right across the street from the Hunt Valley Inn, home to Shore Leave.

      Room rates are as follows: $129 per night (sleeps 4) and $149 per night (sleeps 6). We do not have to purchase any minimum number of rooms. The meeting room(s) will be what the region is paying for.
      Wayne and I have been working on panels and workshop ideas and the schedule is just about complete and will be posted shortly.
      The restaurant for the Saturday night dinner will be the "Silver Springs Mining Company" a favorite of our RC (and VRC too). Two words… fried pickles!!!.

      HELP WANTED: POSITION OPEN
      We need a Region 7 Quartermaster. This position involves the promotion of all R7 merchandise. Anything that includes an R7 logo or seal plus assistance with those seeking ST uniforms of any type and era. For more details or to apply, contact our chief of staff, Jeff Victor.
      RECRUTING REPORT
      R7 Recruiting Officer Karen Mitchell Carothers.
      Karen will be coordinating a panel for recruiting during the conference so feel free to speak to her during the weekend about any recruiting issues, ideas or problems you may have. Karen can be reached at co@... or trekkieturtle@...

      REMINDER
      COs, PLEASE go into the SFI DB and double-check that your chapter contact information is correct. Our recruitment department utilizes this information to generate a spreadsheet flier that we run off to give to prospective members. You'll want to take special care with website URLs and email addresses.
      Prospective members aren't going to take a second look at broken URLs, out-of-date websites, or email addresses that bounce. If your chapter doesn't have a website yet, it's easy to get a free one set up on Google Sites, or Webs.com, or even Wordpress or Tumblr. Don't depend on Facebook for your PR.

      PASSING COMMENTS

      The fall season has brought us a variety of events including a number of Ren Faire’s that chapters have attended, chapter hosted events such as the USS Susquehannock’s Sci Fi Day. The USS Accord took point on a regional fall tradition destination, Watkins Glen, a picturesque location and a wonderful retreat for nature and fellowship.
      The fall has also brought us the return of familiar TV shows like Supernatural, Arrow, Haven and some new shows like Agents of SHIELD (picking up from the smash hit movie Marvel’s The Avengers) and Sleepy Hollow. American Horror in Horror Story: The Coven, and The Walking Dead are returning and I know many of you are awaiting the thunderous return of Marvel’s hammer hurling Avenger, “Thor: The Dark World” coming to theaters in November.