I wanted to take a few moments to inform the region of a few votes that were taken at this past weekend's IC 2013 in Dallas. I attended the meeting via phone as I drove down to Shore Leave.
1. The STARFLEET budget for 2014 was passed. Region 7 voted AYE.
2. The proposed merger of the Computer Operations and Communications departments was voted down- it will NOT be on the election ballot this year. Region 7 voted AYE to not have the question put on the ballot (even though we previously voted to put it on the election ballot...).
3. The Electronic Membership has been passed- It may be as early as January 1, 2014 for electronic memberships to be offered along with paper memberships. Region 7 made the motion to table this topic until the next AB meeting; the motion was ultimately NOT seconded. Region 7 voted NAY for the proposed electronic membership.
4. Region 7 ABSTAINED from voting on which pricing would be established for the new membership rates- I believe they will be posted in the near future. Jeff Victor can correct me if I am in error.
5. Region 7 voted NAY for U.S. memberships subsidizing foreign Memberships. The question passed and our memberships will help pay for foreign memberships...
If I have been remiss in providing any information, I am sure Jeff Victor, who also attended the meeting via phone as IG, can assist in clarifying things.
I voted the will of the Region as I always have. Even though I attended the meeting via phone with VRC Bob Vosseller as well, we were properly represented and our voices were heard. I thank those
chapter COs and XOs who participated and gave us feedback which determined how we would vote on the above topics!
Rear Admiral Wayne L. Augustson
Commanding Officer- U.S.S. Britannic NCC-71818
Region 7 Coordinator
Region 7, STARFLEET