Greetings

  • Wayne L. Augustson
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2009
      I'm happy to see that your chapter is doing well, is active and reports to Fleet in a timely manner! I'm proud of all of you and I hope you're all having fun!

      It's a bit late, but my thanks to Keith, Willy and Josh for helping us out at the recruitment table at the recent "I-Con 28" convention. We all had a great time! Also, special thanks to Willy for taking on the recruitment panel the convention scheduled for us but neglected to inform us about! My offical thanks to Willy is included in my report for the upcoming issue of Region 7's newsleter "Comm Signals".

      I hope to see you folks at "Shore Leave 31" in July!

      Fleet Captain Wayne L. Augustson
      Commanding Officer- U.S.S. Britannic NCC-71818
      Region 7 Coordinator
      Region 7, STARFLEET
    • Doc
      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2010
        I suppose I should introduce myself. My parents named me William, my Marines named me "Doc" and I am a rabid science fiction fan.

        I joined Starfleet a bit more than a year ago and designated SFMC (for reasons which will become obvious). Repeated attempts to raise the Dragon Star on coms were unsuccessful.I found The Lincoln was the vessel nearest to me so I am seeking a billet aboard. Through a paperwork SNAFU my member number is currently lapsed but I have sent Starfleet my renewal so I hope to be back from stasis soon.

        I have Completed the SFMCA Professional Dev. PD-10 and Mechs Me-10 course with an eye toward MOS 535 - Assault Mech Pilot. Though Infantry or Aerospace MOS could be possibilities.

        A bit of my history. I grew up on TOS (Dad was a big Fan). As a kid I was a "Science Nerd" with a deep abiding love for all things science especially physics and chemistry. I read Sci Fi novels and comics. I watched TOS, Space 1999, BSG (75) and Buck Rogers. Have I dated myself sufficiently?

        After dropping out college (majoring in Chemistry of course), I enlisted and served 11 years as a Corpsman with the US Marine Corps. I am a veteran of "Gulf War Senior".

        I came home in '94 and worked in the QC lab for a factory until I was hired by the City of Newburgh Fire Department. I am currently the OIC of the Fire Investigation Unit. I am a NYS and Nationally certified Fire and Explosion Investigator.

        When I'm not working in burning buildings,I still read Science Fiction novels, I play Sci Fi war games, I build Sci Fi scale models (I currently have USS Reliant on the bench), I am a Ham Radio Operator, an amateur photographer, competition shooter and avid paintballer. I am married 20+ years to Lisa, the worlds most understanding woman. She is also a Science Fiction fan but she leans more toward Fantasy. We are child free but we are "owned" by a small herd of canines (Australian Shepherds).

        Barring unforeseen circumstances, I anticipate attending the meeting Saturday. Thanks for reading my ramblings and I look froward to serving with you.

        Respectfully,

        Doc

        Doc Wiseman KC2SYP
        Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.
        Chance Favors Only the Prepared Mind
      • Willie Yee
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2010
          Welcome aboard, Doc! Look forward to meeting you, though I will not be at this months meeting.

          Commander Willie K. Yee
          XO USS Abraham Lincoln NCC-71809
          STARFLEET International Region 7

          Commander Prius-class Shuttlecraft Zhang Heng NCC-1701A/4
          http://www.willieyee.info

          I suppose I should introduce myself. My parents named me William, my Marines named me "Doc" and I am a rabid science fiction fan....

        • Steven
          Message 4 of 6 , May 17, 2010
            Welcome Doc I am Steve Worth LtJg the communications officer and I want to start a Marines Contingrnt on the ship I hope we can work together on this,I will be at the meeting this Sat and look forward to meeting you.

            LtJg
            Steven Worth
            USS Abraham Lincoln NCC 71809
            R 7

            --- In USSABRAHAMLINCOLNNCC71809@yahoogroups.com, "Doc" <docf225@...> wrote:

            > I suppose I should introduce myself. My parents named me William, my Marines named me "Doc" and I am a rabid science fiction fan.
            >
            > I joined Starfleet a bit more than a year ago and designated SFMC (for reasons which will become obvious). Repeated attempts to raise the Dragon Star on coms were unsuccessful.I found The Lincoln was the vessel nearest to me so I am seeking a billet aboard. Through a paperwork SNAFU my member number is currently lapsed but I have sent Starfleet my renewal so I hope to be back from stasis soon.
            >
            > I have Completed the SFMCA Professional Dev. PD-10 and Mechs Me-10 course with an eye toward MOS 535 - Assault Mech Pilot. Though Infantry or Aerospace MOS could be possibilities.
            >
            > A bit of my history. I grew up on TOS (Dad was a big Fan). As a kid I was a "Science Nerd" with a deep abiding love for all things science especially physics and chemistry. I read Sci Fi novels and comics. I watched TOS, Space 1999, BSG (75) and Buck Rogers. Have I dated myself sufficiently?
            >
            > After dropping out college (majoring in Chemistry of course), I enlisted and served 11 years as a Corpsman with the US Marine Corps. I am a veteran of "Gulf War Senior".
            >
            > I came home in '94 and worked in the QC lab for a factory until I was hired by the City of Newburgh Fire Department. I am currently the OIC of the Fire Investigation Unit. I am a NYS and Nationally certified Fire and Explosion Investigator.
            >
            > When I'm not working in burning buildings,I still read Science Fiction novels, I play Sci Fi war games, I build Sci Fi scale models (I currently have USS Reliant on the bench), I am a Ham Radio Operator, an amateur photographer, competition shooter and avid paintballer. I am married 20+ years to Lisa, the worlds most understanding woman. She is also a Science Fiction fan but she leans more toward Fantasy. We are child free but we are "owned" by a small herd of canines (Australian Shepherds).
            >
            > Barring unforeseen circumstances, I anticipate attending the meeting Saturday. Thanks for reading my ramblings and I look froward to serving with you.
            >
            > Respectfully,
            >
            > Doc
            >
            > Doc Wiseman KC2SYP
            > Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.
            > Chance Favors Only the Prepared Mind

          • Doc Wiseman
            Message 5 of 6 , May 17, 2010
              Thanks for the welcome XO, looking forward to serving with you.

              Doc

              Doc Wiseman KC2SYP
              41' 29" 29 N 74' 04" 56 W
              Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.
              Chance favors only the prepared mind.
              Too dumb for opera too smart for NASCAR.
              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

              To: USSABRAHAMLINCOLNNCC71809@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 6 , May 17, 2010
                Lt Worth,

                I would be glad to work with you establishing an MSG or MARDET.

                See you Saturday,

                Doc