Re: [USSABRAHAMLINCOLNNCC71809] A Question

  • Willie Yee
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 18, 2012
      "With malice toward none, with charity for all."

      Dr. Willie K. Yee
      VP Mid-Hudson Astronomical Association

      XO USS Abraham Lincoln NCC-71809
      STARFLEET International Region 7

      Commander: Prius-class Shuttlecraft Zhang Heng NCC-1701A/4 http://www.willieyee.info
      Member: Amateur Observer's Society of New York, Rockland Astronomy Club, International Dark Sky Association, Astronomers Without Borders
      Volunteer: American Red Cross, Mid-Hudson Valley Chapter

      Oh, did I say? RETIRED.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 18, 2012
        Should we think about changing it.

        Steven Worth
        MCAPT
        OIC 751st MSG
        7th BDE 5th BN
        Lincolns Raiders
        Raiding the Skies
        R 7

      • starbase63@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 18, 2012
          No.. It was a part of Lincoln's second inaugural Address. It is also kind of the way starfleet operates.

          Captain Keith S. Shikowitz
          CO USS Abraham Lincoln NCc 71809
          Starfleet Region 7
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 19, 2012
            Okay, according to Wikipedia the second inaugural speech was given on Saturday March 4, 1865. It appears that there is no title to the speech other than the Second Inaugural Address of Abraham Lincoln.

            Kyle
          • wolftrek7
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 19, 2012
              Here is the full part of the speech from which the chapter motto comes from (please not this is not the whole speech):

              "With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations."

              --- In USSABRAHAMLINCOLNNCC71809@yahoogroups.com, "Kyle J. Wolf" <wolftrek7@...> wrote:

              > Okay, according to Wikipedia the second inaugural speech was given on Saturday March 4, 1865. It appears that there is no title to the speech other than the Second Inaugural Address of Abraham Lincoln.
              >
              > Kyle

              As always,

              Kyle