A Question

  • wolftrek7
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 17, 2012
      Does the chapter have a motto? If yes, what is it?

      Kyle Wolf, Brigadier
      USS Abraham Lincoln NCC 71809
      Region 7, SFI
      751st MSG Lincoln Raiders
      7th BGE, 5th BN, SFMC
    • Willie Yee
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 18, 2012
        "With malice toward none, with charity for all."

        Dr. Willie K. Yee
        VP Mid-Hudson Astronomical Association

        XO USS Abraham Lincoln NCC-71809
        STARFLEET International Region 7

        Commander: Prius-class Shuttlecraft Zhang Heng NCC-1701A/4 http://www.willieyee.info
        Member: Amateur Observer's Society of New York, Rockland Astronomy Club, International Dark Sky Association, Astronomers Without Borders
        Volunteer: American Red Cross, Mid-Hudson Valley Chapter

        Oh, did I say? RETIRED.

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 18, 2012
          Should we think about changing it.

          Steven Worth
          MCAPT
          OIC 751st MSG
          7th BDE 5th BN
          Lincolns Raiders
          Raiding the Skies
          R 7

        • starbase63@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 18, 2012
            No.. It was a part of Lincoln's second inaugural Address. It is also kind of the way starfleet operates.

            Captain Keith S. Shikowitz
            CO USS Abraham Lincoln NCc 71809
            Starfleet Region 7
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 19, 2012
              Okay, according to Wikipedia the second inaugural speech was given on Saturday March 4, 1865. It appears that there is no title to the speech other than the Second Inaugural Address of Abraham Lincoln.

              Kyle
            • wolftrek7
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 19, 2012
                Here is the full part of the speech from which the chapter motto comes from (please not this is not the whole speech):

                "With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations."

                --- In USSABRAHAMLINCOLNNCC71809@yahoogroups.com, "Kyle J. Wolf" <wolftrek7@...> wrote:

                > Okay, according to Wikipedia the second inaugural speech was given on Saturday March 4, 1865. It appears that there is no title to the speech other than the Second Inaugural Address of Abraham Lincoln.
                >
                > Kyle

                As always,

                Kyle