Let's Help

  • Steven Worth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2012
      Greetings Region 7,

      I am the commanding officer of the USS Pride of Baltimore and last week my god-daughter and member of the Pride, Cadet Caitlyn Smith, was diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She is looking at six months of chemotherapy three times a week. To help the family pay for medical costs and other incidentals I have created a web site that talks about Catie, her disease, her progress and there is a paypal "donate" button on the site. Please visit www.helpcatiefighthodgkins.com and learn about this sweet teenager that has a tough fight ahead of her. If you can help out with a donation that would be great! We are sending out the purple hodgkin's support bracelets to anyone that donates. We are also starting a 50/50 raffle that we will be selling at the Region 7 meeting at Shoreleave. We are actually picking the winning ticket Sunday at noon at Shoreleave but you don't have to be there to win. If you donate via the web page you will also be entered into the raffle.

      We are working on other ideas like a bowl-a-thon and others to help out. Your support, no matter how big or small, will mean a lot to Catie and her family as they try to get through the next half a year. If you have any questions or ideas that could help I am always available and ready to hear them.

      Thank you for your attention.

      MGen. Gary M. Ensey Jr.
      CO, USS Pride of Baltimore
      Organizer of the Caitlyn Elizabeth Smith Fund (CES Fund)
      www.helpcatiefighthodgkins.com