Science Officer presentation

  • S'kai
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2010
      Our Science Chief will be presenting to the Mid-Hudson Astronomical Association on Tuesday Dec 21 8 PM at SUNY New Paltz.

      Finding Planets with Microlensing

      Jennifer Yee works with the MicroFUN collaboration, a network of telescopes run by professional and amateur astronomers. This collaboration uses gravitational lensing to find planets around distant stars. So far, the MIcroFUN collaboration has participated in the discovery of 8 of the 13 microlensing planets and made the first measurement of the frequency of planets in the outer regions of solar systems.

      Contact me if you want further information.