Another Volunteer Activity

  • S'kai
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 2:17 PM
      Saturday September 18th is International Observe the Moon Night.

      http://observethemoonnight.org/

      The Smolen Observatory on the campus of SUNY New Paltz will be holding a viewing event, open to the public. If things (park permit, insurance) work out, the Mid-Hudson Astronomical Association will be holding a moon-watching event in Hasbrouck Park to feed people to the observatory. I could use some help setting up, and we could use a few people to walk around town for an hour or two and hand out flyers to get them to the park and observatory. You will of course, get a chance to see the moon, weather permitting.

      Let me know if you are interested in attending. If we get a few folks, I will put us down as a co-sponsor.