New Playmates ST Movie based action figures, prop replicas etc.

  • Steven
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2009
      For those fearing that Mattel's Barbie Doll versions of Kirk, Spock
      and Uhura from the forthcoming film would be the only merchandise
      from the new film, fear not.

      If you weren't aware of it Playmates once again has the license and
      the figures are already for sale online and will be in stores by
      April featuring a new bridge crew of figures from the film in a
      bridge set, transporter set, phaser, tricorder, communicator and
      Enterprise model/toy based on the new version of the NCC-1701. The
      scale of the figures is the same as their prior ones. I'm sure other
      characters from the film will be made later, especially if it is a
      hit film. I have most of the Playmates figures and liked this scale
      size so I guess I'll be getting this batch plus the toy prop
      replicas. They may come in handy around the time of the film for
      promotion purposes or just to have on hand for fun. I'm sure they
      make sounds and light up too. The tricorder says tricorder on it so
      that we don't forget what it is and it looks like an old tape
      recorder. The phaser on the other hand looks cool and so does the
      communicator.

      Kind of a sleek Radio Shack version of what we all came to love from
      the early start of Star Trek. I'm sure they are at Star Trek.com but
      if not you can google any action figure site and you'll find your way
      to photos of the new Playmates stuff.