US Islands QSO Party 2008 - W4USI

  • w4usi
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2008
      Well it was a long weekend and I hope everyone was safe and had a
      grand time. Myself and Mark, AA1HR, operated from 3 of the many
      islands in NE Florida and will submit pictures and logs to US Islands
      web site. I just want to say who ever said Florida is the sunshine
      state did not make that determination this weekend. It was very windy
      and cool. I had mechanical difficulties after doing Little Talbot and
      almost called it quits. I lost several bolts off the antenna during
      transit from there to Big Talbot because I forgot to tighten them
      after removing the elements. I had to repair it Sunday AM before
      starting out.

      We roved from Little Talbot, Big Talbot and Amelia Islands and just
      now got home. I will gather the logs from computer and sort through
      it, total the points and see what happens.

      Thank you !!!!! to all who called me, not too many islands heard but
      lots of stations are now aware that US Islands exists. I think there
      will be quite a few checking out the USI web site,

      Many thanks goes to Florida State Park Department for security and
      letting me setup on State property and also to Marty, the owner of
      Sonny's Real Bit BBQ in Fernandina Beach Florida for allowing me to
      set up in the parking lot Sunday. He was real nice and even served
      delicious HOT food.

      Best to all..
      DE Bill - KD1Q - 73 and good night.