Probable K4USI expedition

  • mcondon@ibm.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2001
      Now that the qsl's are all caught up,
      it is time to get out and fire up.
      Island Rovers of Georgia are breaking out of the cabin.

      Unless the WX makes a mess of Dixie, look for K4USI on a series of up
      to 4 new island activation attempts on Saturday, Feb 11th, starting
      about 11AM EST, 1600 Z. A notice will go to the USI calendar Tues or
      Wed as the WX forecasts get more accurate.

      Operation will be on/near 14260, with about one hour of operation at
      each location. These locations have not been visited, and may not
      qualify on the geography rules, so variations are possible.

      Also, with the time zones and accompanying propagation involved, I
      have done a make up session on the first spot, as I made the return
      trip. If you miss the first island, make a request for a stop.

      Also, for anyone too close for 20M, Call one of the islanders on freq
      who is being heard by the rover, and ask for relay of a 40M contact
      sked. There are any number of stations who would be happy to relay
      the request. I will try to remember to do this near the end of each
      hour.

      Fair weather sailor??? You bet. Don't be putting up those antennae
      when the lightning bolts are threatening. I started to do that once
      on an outing, and chickened out. Good thing too, it really started
      crackling shortly after.

      The Saturday Islands are in Alabama, and in the Tennessee River.
      They are new, and have no numbers, we are going to put them on the
      list. These four will be followed by four more at a later outing.
      The Alabama archipelego will be worked out about then, and we will
      have to get off to the coast.

      That's the outlook, could fall thru. Message and official submission
      midweek.

      See you on those beaches....
      Mike, NE4S, K4USI club trustee.....