[USAphotomaps] Etrex 20 and usa photomaps

  • Doug Cox
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2012
      Well, I just looked at the eTrex manual, and I can't see what the problem is. I can only guess that you put them in the wrong folder on your Garmin.

      Doug Cox
      _________________________________
      You wrote (Wed, 04 Jan 2012 18:07:14 -0000):

      I just got a etrex 20 and i was trying to transfer my old waypoints from usaphotomaps to my Garmin.Well I'm not having any luck. I was able to send them to gps but when i turn on gps they are not in my waypoints.I believe they went because I sent them back to the usaphotomaps program and all my waypoints were doubles.Thanks in advance.

      _________________________________
    • rmightymite
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2012
        Thanks I will try again

        --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Cox" <jdmcox@...> wrote:

        > Well, I just looked at the eTrex manual, and I can't see what the problem is. I can only guess that you put them in the wrong folder on your Garmin.
        >
        > Doug Cox
        > _________________________________
        > You wrote (Wed, 04 Jan 2012 18:07:14 -0000):
        >
        > I just got a etrex 20 and i was trying to transfer my old waypoints from usaphotomaps to my Garmin.Well I'm not having any luck. I was able to send them to gps but when i turn on gps they are not in my waypoints.I believe they went because I sent them back to the usaphotomaps program and all my waypoints were doubles.Thanks in advance.

      • tony levand
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2012
          The Etrex 20 is different than the ealier models. You have direct access to the flash card so you can save a file with the photomaps data to you hard drive and the copy and paste using windows. I am not sure which directory way points would go to, You'll have to look and experiment.

          Will USA Photomaps ever be upgraded to use the Microsoft Live Search Aerial and Road data? The Terraserver data is now dated.

          Tony

          To: USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com
          From: rmightymite@...
          Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 07:15:58 +0000