Can't connect (Win XP)

  • conrad_r_hoffman
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 10, 2011
      Maybe old news, but I was unable to connect recently and finally figured out that my IE (which I don't use) came up as "off line" even when my dial up was on line. Just bringing up IE and telling it to be on line solved the problem. Chrome is my current default browser.

      Best,
      Conrad
    • Teuku Rizal
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 11, 2011
        I also do not understand, in the use of this program,
        Greetings
        By. Aceh
      • gnuarm
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 13, 2011
          How would IE be in the loop for USAPM to access the web server?

          Rick

          --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "conrad_r_hoffman" <choffman@...> wrote:

          > Maybe old news, but I was unable to connect recently and finally figured out that my IE (which I don't use) came up as "off line" even when my dial up was on line. Just bringing up IE and telling it to be on line solved the problem. Chrome is my current default browser.
          >
          > Best,
          > Conrad

        • Doug Cox
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 13, 2011
            USAPhotoMaps doesn't use Internet Explorer to download map data from http://msrmaps.com, but it uses it for other connections to the Internet.

            Doug Cox
            _________________________________
            You wrote (Fri, 14 Jan 2011 01:03:11 -0000):

            --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "gnuarm" <gnuarm.2006@...> wrote:
            > > How would IE be in the loop for USAPM to access the web server?
            > > Rick

            I dunno, I think it's a Microsoft question since they were in the hot seat for IE being tied into things at a very low level. All I know is that one day I couldn't connect with the server no matter what I did, and bringing up IE, telling it that, yes, it really was on-line, took care of the problem. I don't know if it's a permanent fix or not, but it took me several weeks to figure it out.

            Best regards,
            Conrad

            _________________________________
          • conrad_r_hoffman
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 13, 2011
              --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "gnuarm" <gnuarm.2006@...> wrote:

              > How would IE be in the loop for USAPM to access the web server?
              >
              > Rick

              I dunno, I think it's a Microsoft question since they were in the hot seat for IE being tied into things at a very low level. All I know is that one day I couldn't connect with the server no matter what I did, and bringing up IE, telling it that, yes, it really was on-line, took care of the problem. I don't know if it's a permanent fix or not, but it took me several weeks to figure it out.

              Best regards,
              Conrad
            • Jerry Sullivan
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 13, 2011
                I have downloaded a few topo maps tonight with USAPhotomaps and not had a problem.  The only time I have had a problem was when MS would change the name of the site, but Doug has always fixed that
                pretty quickly and put out a new release.

                J. H. Sullivan
                Florida

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 14, 2011
                  tolong bantu saya, dalam penggunaan layanan ini,
                  saya memahami akan pemetaan 3D, evaluasi lahan,
                  melalui foto udara

                  by. Teuku Rizal
                • Teuku Rizal
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 14, 2011
                    thanks, for the information then we can work together in the development of science menganai mapping, and evaluation of availability of land, and the elements contained within the layers of the land.

                    thanks
                    by.Teuku Rizal
                  • gnuarm
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 14, 2011
                      Please use English for all posts here. Further posts in another language will result in being banned.

                      Rick - moderator