Usage in the Aleutians??

  • Buddy Murray
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 10, 2009
      I've used USA Photomaps for several years, and have always been impressed with it's functionality.

      I've recently started a project in Adak, Alaska, in the Aleutian islands. When I try to go to the address "Adak, AK", I get the error message:

      N 51.902598
      W -176.621558

      is outside the USA.

      Although this area is remote, it's within the USA. There are USGS quads availble for this area. Is there anyway to get access to this area?

      Thanks,

      Buddy
    • Doug Cox
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 10, 2009
        Sorry about that. I'll see if I can stretch the limit I set to include Adak.

        Doug Cox

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 14, 2009
          I went to http://terraserver-usa.com/ and typed in Adak, AK in the Find box. Adak, AK isn't on TerraServer. So it can't be in USAPhotoMaps. I hope you're getting good money for going to Adak.

          Doug Cox

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 16, 2009
            Thanks for looking Doug - I've seen some references to the Adak quad sheet, but maybe it not in general circulation.  I remember going to the Smithsonian when I was a kid, and seeing quad maps of the moon!

            Thanks again for a great product!

            Buddy