Re: I already have most of the topos for Colorado but...

  • gnuarm
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 24 5:36 PM
      --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "herph" <Bradcad@...> wrote:

      > Ok thanks for the responses.
      >
      > I can't really tell, but it seems like things are getting wrapped up. If there is anything I can do, let me know. I could probably find about 500GB of storage that could be used for a "while" and I have a 36 Mbps connection.

      Yes and no. There are three file types and each has two resolutions. We were working on the topo files because that is of most interest to most people. Several people downloaded the full 64 meter topos for the entire US and we were working on the 4 meter topos. Then Tim said he had it all done and we switched over to the B&W photos. Dave said he donwloaded all of the 8 meter photos for zones 10 through 15. We have assigned sections of zones for the 1 meter photos to around 10 people and most of it is done. I think Tim has said he has covered the zones for Puerto Rico, Hawaii and Alaska in both 1 and 8 meter photos.

      Now we are trying to cover the urban photos which is sparce covering only certain urban areas. This should not be a huge data set like the 1 meter photos, but we aren't sure where all of the areas are.

      That is where we now are. Having "everything" covered is not quite enough. To deal with errors in the downloaded data it would be good to duplicate all of it. I'd like to start with the 4 meter topos since that is of most interest to most people. I've learned a lot about the tools and how to generate region files so this should go very smoothly.

      If you want to help a 36 Mbps connection will go a long way to helping! I will create some threads to ask who has what in topo and create a new map to show it.

      In the meantime please put that storage and bandwidth to use downloading something! :^) What zone are you in and what do you already have downloaded?

      Rick
    • cr4130
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 24 6:47 PM
        I have 99+% of the 4m topos and a complete set of the lo-res topos. I have been verifying the 4m topos and filling in any missed tiles and edges as the 1m photos have been downloading. I hope to have the 4m topos 100% verified by Monday. I also expect to have 8m photos for zones 17 and 18 done by Monday.

        Henry
      • gnuarm
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 25 7:47 PM
          Henry, what part of the USA are you talking about when you say, "99% of the 4 m topos"? Are you talking about just the parts you have done the 1 m photos?

          One part of this that we have not focused on is the 8 meter photos. Dave said he had all of zones 10-15 done for 8 meters, but we need to do our own for zones 16 through 19. I think Tim has also done the 8 meter when he did the 1 meter. I know I've got 8 meter photos for my part of zone 18. I think that leaves Ed's part of zone 16. Ed said he is done with the 1 meter photos and has 100 GB of data.

          Rick

          --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "cr4130" <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

          > I have 99+% of the 4m topos and a complete set of the lo-res topos. I have been verifying the 4m topos and filling in any missed tiles and edges as the 1m photos have been downloading. I hope to have the 4m topos 100% verified by Monday. I also expect to have 8m photos for zones 17 and 18 done by Monday.
          >
          > Henry

        • cr4130
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 26 11:15 AM
            --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "gnuarm" <gnuarm.2006@...> wrote:

            > Henry, what part of the USA are you talking about when you say, "99% of the 4 m topos"? Are you talking about just the parts you have done the 1 m photos?

            No, the continental U.S.

            A couple of months ago when I heard the TS was going away I immediately started downloading the 4m topos I didn't already have. I used the state outlines and have been filling in gaps and edges here and there as time permits.

            > One part of this that we have not focused on is the 8 meter photos. Dave said he had all of zones 10-15 done for 8 meters, but we need to do our own for zones 16 through 19. I think Tim has also done the 8 meter when he did the 1 meter. I know I've got 8 meter photos for my part of zone 18. I think that leaves Ed's part of zone 16. Ed said he is done with the 1 meter photos and has 100 GB of data.

            I have 8m photos for my part of 18 and most of 17. I'll work on finishing 17 if TF will cooperate with me and if I get through that I'll do 19.

            I have 281 GB of data so far.

            Henry
          • gnuarm
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 26 2:25 PM
              --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "cr4130" <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

              > --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "gnuarm" <gnuarm.2006@> wrote:
              > >

              > > Henry, what part of the USA are you talking about when you say, "99% of the 4 m topos"? Are you talking about just the parts you have done the 1 m photos?
              > >

              > No, the continental U.S.

              Great! If you can finish that off or let people know what parts are still needed we can say the topos are all duplicated and be done with that part.

              > A couple of months ago when I heard the TS was going away I immediately started downloading the 4m topos I didn't already have. I used the state outlines and have been filling in gaps and edges here and there as time permits.
              >
              > > One part of this that we have not focused on is the 8 meter photos. Dave said he had all of zones 10-15 done for 8 meters, but we need to do our own for zones 16 through 19. I think Tim has also done the 8 meter when he did the 1 meter. I know I've got 8 meter photos for my part of zone 18. I think that leaves Ed's part of zone 16. Ed said he is done with the 1 meter photos and has 100 GB of data.
              > >

              > I have 8m photos for my part of 18 and most of 17. I'll work on finishing 17 if TF will cooperate with me and if I get through that I'll do 19.
              >
              > I have 281 GB of data so far.

              If you have the bandwidth and time you can duplicate my part of zone 18 in the 1 meter photos and I'll try to duplicate your section, but I'll be pretty stretched between now and Monday.

              Rick
            • cr4130
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 26 4:27 PM
                --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "gnuarm" <gnuarm.2006@...> wrote:
                > Great! If you can finish that off or let people know what parts are still needed we can say the topos are all duplicated and be done with that part.

                I think I'm missing a lot of Alaska, but other than that I only need to fill in some edges and odd missing tiles. I don't think I'll be able to get to Alaska, but I might.

                > If you have the bandwidth and time you can duplicate my part of zone 18 in the 1 meter photos and I'll try to duplicate your section, but I'll be pretty stretched between now and Monday.

                Unfortunately I think I won't have time to do your portion if the 1m in 18, in fact I'm almost positive I won't. I will be able to do the 8m photos I don't have in 18 and I will be able to finish the 8m photos I am working on in 17. With 4m topo verifying in all zones I think I'm going to be very busy until D(isconnect) Day.

                Henry
              • John T
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 26 7:36 PM
                  If you want someone to do a backup of your zone in 18 (either one) let me know. This is my prime intrest area and I want to make sure it is available later! I may alrready have part of it. If you want to send or direct me to the region file I will start on it tomorrow.

                  John T

                  --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "cr4130" <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

                  > --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "gnuarm" <gnuarm.2006@> wrote:
                  > > Great! If you can finish that off or let people know what parts are still needed we can say the topos are all duplicated and be done with that part.
                  > >

                  > I think I'm missing a lot of Alaska, but other than that I only need to fill in some edges and odd missing tiles. I don't think I'll be able to get to Alaska, but I might.
                  >
                  > > If you have the bandwidth and time you can duplicate my part of zone 18 in the 1 meter photos and I'll try to duplicate your section, but I'll be pretty stretched between now and Monday.
                  > >

                  > Unfortunately I think I won't have time to do your portion if the 1m in 18, in fact I'm almost positive I won't. I will be able to do the 8m photos I don't have in 18 and I will be able to finish the 8m photos I am working on in 17. With 4m topo verifying in all zones I think I'm going to be very busy until D(isconnect) Day.
                  >
                  > Henry

                • gnuarm
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 27 5:12 PM
                    John,

                    I am working on the southern half of zone 18 now (south of 4500000). I will have time tomorrow to work on it. I'll get you the region files then for the parts that I expect to not complete. I also have some other download capacity I can make use of late Sunday and Monday.

                    Sorry I am falling down on my own parts!

                    Rick

                    --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "John T" <jft43@...> wrote:

                    > If you want someone to do a backup of your zone in 18 (either one) let me know. This is my prime intrest area and I want to make sure it is available later! I may alrready have part of it. If you want to send or direct me to the region file I will start on it tomorrow.
                    >
                    > John T
                    >
                    > --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "cr4130" <yahoogroups@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "gnuarm" <gnuarm.2006@> wrote:
                    > > > Great! If you can finish that off or let people know what parts are still needed we can say the topos are all duplicated and be done with that part.
                    > > >

                    > > I think I'm missing a lot of Alaska, but other than that I only need to fill in some edges and odd missing tiles. I don't think I'll be able to get to Alaska, but I might.
                    > >
                    > > > If you have the bandwidth and time you can duplicate my part of zone 18 in the 1 meter photos and I'll try to duplicate your section, but I'll be pretty stretched between now and Monday.
                    > > >

                    > > Unfortunately I think I won't have time to do your portion if the 1m in 18, in fact I'm almost positive I won't. I will be able to do the 8m photos I don't have in 18 and I will be able to finish the 8m photos I am working on in 17. With 4m topo verifying in all zones I think I'm going to be very busy until D(isconnect) Day.
                    > >
                    > > Henry

                  • cr4130
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 27 11:49 PM
                      --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "gnuarm" <gnuarm.2006@...> wrote:

                      > John,
                      >
                      > I am working on the southern half of zone 18 now (south of 4500000). I will have time tomorrow to work on it. I'll get you the region files then for the parts that I expect to not complete. I also have some other download capacity I can make use of late Sunday and Monday.
                      >
                      > Sorry I am falling down on my own parts!

                      I finished most of what I wanted to today and have been working on the southern half of 18 in 1m photos. I finished off the 8m photos for 18 earlier. I'll work on the Alaska 4m topos after 18 1m photos are done.

                      I also did a backup of everything, just in case. My USAPM dir is up to 286 GB.

                      Henry