Overall Status

  • gnuarm
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 24 5:26 PM
      I just posted the last 1 meter photo region file so I think all of the 1 meter photos have been assigned and we expect they will be complete by the end of the week if not sooner. If anyone is concerned with completing their downloads including a second pass of all regions,a pass of the perimeter file if needed and a check in the "Overview" mode of TerraFetcher, please post in your zone thread that you may need help.

      I was a little worried about Patrick, but we offloaded enough that he should be done by Friday. I'll keep in touch with him.

      I think DBCooper was having some connection trouble or something, but we'll wait to see what he can do with that until tomorrow. I see Henry is reporting trouble, maybe I have them mixed up.

      I don't know what is going on with the urban downloads because I don't know what urbans there are to be downloaded. Tim posted region files for 8 areas in zones 10 and 11 and I am working on Washington DC in zone 18. Does anyone know what other urban files there are to be downloaded? Maybe Tim can at least tell us what city areas there are to give us a list. It is not too hard to explore the edges of the zone at 4 meter resolution to get the boundaries. That is what I do with the 8 meter photos.

      Rick
    • Jerry Sullivan
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 24 6:12 PM
        Based on the experience that I have had with the Urban areas.  I know there are urban tiles for Mobile, AL, Knoxville, TN (but it is a little odd because it only covers about 1/2 the area).  I am reasonably sure the Chicago, NewYork, and Philly areas have urban coverage, but for what it is worth, i haven't used the urban data since Google Earth became so easy to use, so I would make sure that all the 1 meter material is covered before spending too much effort on the urban areas.

        I have checked and here are some:
        Atlanta, GA
        Chicago, IL
        Mobile,  AL
        Knoxville, TN (actually area between Oak Ridge and West Knoxville ? Go figure
        Louisville, KY
        Charlotte, NC

        Jerry Sullivan

        On 4/24/2012 8:26 PM, gnuarm wrote:

[...]

        No virus found in this message.

        J. H. Sullivan, Jacksonville
      • Timothy Barney
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 25 6:56 AM
          From my original message, here is a complete list of what Urban areas
          exist best I can tell:

          As best as I can determine, here are the 43 urban areas I could determine to have urban color photos. There were no urban photos discovered for PR zones 19-20, Alaska zones 3-9 or HI zones 4-5. Enjoy

          Tim

          Zone 19
          Providence RI

          Zone 18
          Washington DC/Alexandria VA
          Springfield MA/Sturbridge MA

          Zone 17
          Detroit MI
          Raleigh NC
          Charlotte NC
          Orlando FL
          Tampa Bay/St. Petersburg FL

          Zone 16
          Chicago IL
          Fort Wayne IN
          Louisville KY
          Lexington KY
          Oak Ridge TN
          Huntsville AL
          Montgomery AL
          Mobile AL
          Atlanta GA

          Zone 15
          Houston TX
          New Orleans LA
          Shreveport LA
          Baton Rouge LA
          Jackson MS
          St. Louis MO
          Topeka KS

          Zone 14
          Dallas-Fort Worth TX
          Lubbock TX
          Amarillo TX
          Oklahoma City OK
          Lincoln NE

          Zone 13
          El Paso TX
          Albuquerque TX
          Colorado Springs CO
          Boulder-Denver CO

          Zone 12
          Tucson AZ
          Salt Lake City UT

          Zone 11
          Los Angeles CA
          Fresno CA

          Zone 10
          Seattle/Tacoma WA
          Portland OR/Vancouver WA
          Sacramento CA
          Stockton CA
          Modesto CA
          Oakland/San Francisco/southern SF Bay Area CA

          Zone 13-15 are the primary ones that need attention at this point. I've grabbed most of Zone 16 with Chicago left to finish. Zones 10-12 are covered between Jerry and I currently. Some, as have been discovered, along zone boundaries (New Orleans, Oak Ridge TN, and Springfield/Sturbridge MA seem to cross zones, but if you check the eastern of the two zones, nothing to download and they are a pain to get close to the zone border manually, as Oak Ridge and Sturbridge had 10-15 tiles in a stripe that were east of the border by longitude, but despite being within the boundary of a region file, TF wouldn't download them. Oak Ridge still only shows half of the total area as being filled with data as Jerry has pointed out. Also, I was kind of surprised that no cities in NY or PA have urban photos, so NYC, Albany, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Philly are non-existant.

          Tim

          On 4/24/2012 8:26 PM, gnuarm wrote:
          > I just posted the last 1 meter photo region file so I think all of the 1 meter photos have been assigned and we expect they will be complete by the end of the week if not sooner. If anyone is concerned with completing their downloads including a second pass of all regions,a pass of the perimeter file if needed and a check in the "Overview" mode of TerraFetcher, please post in your zone thread that you may need help.
          >
          > I was a little worried about Patrick, but we offloaded enough that he should be done by Friday. I'll keep in touch with him.
          >
          > I think DBCooper was having some connection trouble or something, but we'll wait to see what he can do with that until tomorrow. I see Henry is reporting trouble, maybe I have them mixed up.
          >
          > I don't know what is going on with the urban downloads because I don't know what urbans there are to be downloaded. Tim posted region files for 8 areas in zones 10 and 11 and I am working on Washington DC in zone 18. Does anyone know what other urban files there are to be downloaded? Maybe Tim can at least tell us what city areas there are to give us a list. It is not too hard to explore the edges of the zone at 4 meter resolution to get the boundaries. That is what I do with the 8 meter photos.
          >
          > Rick

        • John T
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 25 8:36 AM
            It is a little strange on what cities they chose. They have Lincoln NE, but they don't have Omaha. Have Topeka, KS, but not Kansas City?

            I can take a few in zone 14 and/or 15, someone will have to send me the regions I haven't been able to figure that one out yet. Mainly just getting the coordinates for the region, is there a map that shows these?

            John

          • jhsulliv@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 25 9:06 AM
              Okay, I see that DFW is not in Z-15, so I will go ahead with Houston and if nobody else
              takes them, I can look at Shreveport, BatonRouge & Jackson, MS.  I believe someone else has
              already done ST.Louis, and perhaps another can grab Topeka.

              As information, I didn't see any Urban data for the Tampa-St.Pete area?

              Jerry Sullivan

            • jhsulliv@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 25 9:16 AM
                John,

                If you will take  Topeka, I'll get the rest of zone 15, cities in the southern part.  Somebody already
                has St.Louis I believe and the z-16 part of NewOrleans was mentioned.  I have NewOrleans from
                Z-15 already.   Houston is the biggie and it is irregular too.  Baton Rouge, Shreveport, and
                Jackson, MS are not likely very large and I can run 3-4 streams at a time.

                No map is around for the coordinates, but what I do is manually load the larger urban tiles,
                i.e. the lowest resolution.  That gives me the extents, and then starting at the northwest
                corner, I go CW noting the coordinates for each corner.  I prefer the lat/long method of
                nothing the coordinates that has been mentioned.  Then it runs like any other run except
                to check the "urban" box rather than the "photo" box.  Houston is a bear, but it only took
                me about 30' to load the borders.

                Jerry Sullivan