Re: [USAphotomaps] Urban Areas -- Progress, Completled----

  • jhsulliv@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 24 9:01 AM
      Colleagues,

      AT 5am this morning, NewOrleans had completed, but I need to manually grab a little around the
      west edge, ought to take less than 30'.  Although the urban area appears to extend east into
      Zone 16, no data was extracted from there.

      Salt Lake City had about 3 more hours to run before completion.  As I indicated, this was a large
      Urban area, extending I would guess, nearly 50 miles north to south, but no more than 15 east to
      west with some irregularities.  I just used a four point data file, so there is a lot of empty tiles in
      the mix.

      J. H. Sullivan

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 24 1:18 PM
        Colleagues,

        Tucson, and NewOrleans are complete. For NewOrleans a little bit of the
        eastern side is in zone 16 but nothing
        downloaded from that side either with Terrafetcher or manually, so I
        assume there is nothing there.

        Salt Lake City is on a second pass which, because of the large number of
        empty tiles will take another 3 hours
        or so.

        Jerry Sullivan
      • Jerry Sullivan
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 24 7:16 PM
          I just noticed that Houston is in zone 15 and has urban data. If nobody
          else has claimed it,
          I'll run it later this week, probably Friday if not sooner. Please advise.

          Jerry Sullivan
        • dancytron
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 24 10:03 PM
            I am just getting in on this so I don't know the protocol, but I already have St. Louis Urban photos, both sizes.

          • ahansen937@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 25 9:01 AM
              Hi Guy's
              To let everyone know -my dsl was down from 4-24 to a.m. 4-26 -2012 so lost two days of downloading,
              Hope to do cachup today.

              AL

              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 26 5:07 PM
                Colleagues,

                Salt Lake City, Tucson, Jackson, MS, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, and
                NewOrleans are complete
                both high res. and low res. urban files.

                Houston Low res. is complete, and high res. needs another 5 hours. Once
                Houston completes,
                I am full up, and will start burning DVD's more seriously-- I have done
                14 so far.

                Jerry Sullivan
              • Jerry Sullivan
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 27 4:05 PM

                  Colleagues,

                  Houston, high res. completed at 0300 hours this morning.  I have grabbed all I can hold and will start
                  serious burning of DVDs.  All material is backed up to an external drive except the last few hundred
                  rows of Houston, High res.

                  Jerry Sullivan

                  On 4/26/2012 8:07 PM, Jerry Sullivan wrote:

                  Colleagues,

                  Salt Lake City, Tucson, Jackson, MS, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, and
                  NewOrleans are complete
                  both high res. and low res. urban files.

                  Houston Low res. is complete, and high res. needs another 5 hours. Once
                  Houston completes,
                  I am full up, and will start burning DVD's more seriously-- I have done
                  14 so far.

                  Jerry Sullivan

                  No virus found in this message.

                  J. H. Sullivan, Jacksonville
                • Jerry Sullivan
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 29 5:20 PM
                    Colleagues,

                    Thus far, I have burned all of the Zone 12 data to DVD and most of Zone
                    15. So far that is 47 DVDs
                    and completing zone 15 will bump that up to 57. All of the DVDs are
                    named USAPM## sequentially,
                    and the folder on each is correpondingly "burn##" sequentially. #40 has
                    a subdirectory for Zone 12
                    and a subdirectory for Zone 15, all 1 meter files. #57 has a Z15-1meter
                    for what else, the rest of the
                    1meter files. Z15-urban is all of NewOrleans. From that point on is
                    another 5-6 DVDs, all with
                    urban data, and some odds and ends. So it going to take somewhere
                    around 65 DVDs to get it all
                    ready to dump on Rick. Each DVD has a note on it's top listing the
                    range of files thereon, and the
                    number of files.

                    I will be keeping all the individual files, and the several burn##
                    directories on the external 2T drive
                    for several months in case anything needs to be reburned etc. After
                    that, I will clean these out.

                    J. H. Sullivan, P.E. (retired from CSX)
                    Jacksonville, FL
                  • teegate
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 29 6:28 PM
                      Hi,

                      I am new to the site and just learned about Microsoft closing the site. I know I am late learning this but I will do what I can to help get NJ downloaded. Has anyone downloaded NJ yet and if not can someone please quickly tell me what I need to do to get started.

                      Guy

                      --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Sullivan <jhsulliv@...> wrote:

                      > Colleagues,
                      >
                      > Thus far, I have burned all of the Zone 12 data to DVD and most of Zone
                      > 15. So far that is 47 DVDs
                      > and completing zone 15 will bump that up to 57. All of the DVDs are
                      > named USAPM## sequentially,
                      > and the folder on each is correpondingly "burn##" sequentially. #40 has
                      > a subdirectory for Zone 12
                      > and a subdirectory for Zone 15, all 1 meter files. #57 has a Z15-1meter
                      > for what else, the rest of the
                      > 1meter files. Z15-urban is all of NewOrleans. From that point on is
                      > another 5-6 DVDs, all with
                      > urban data, and some odds and ends. So it going to take somewhere
                      > around 65 DVDs to get it all
                      > ready to dump on Rick. Each DVD has a note on it's top listing the
                      > range of files thereon, and the
                      > number of files.
                      >
                      > I will be keeping all the individual files, and the several burn##
                      > directories on the external 2T drive
                      > for several months in case anything needs to be reburned etc. After
                      > that, I will clean these out.
                      >
                      > J. H. Sullivan, P.E. (retired from CSX)
                      > Jacksonville, FL

                    • gnuarm
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 30 2:44 PM
                        We have all of the topo and the B&W photos downloaded. We are working on completing the Urban photos which are higher resolution and in color. But the urban photos only exist for selected urban areas. I don't know what urban areas are covered in your region, but you can find the major areas on your topo map and try downloading a bit. If nothing shows in the area it is likely empty. If you explore the area and find the corners of the covered area in the 4 meter urban photos, you can use the "draw route" feature to make a region file and download the 0.25 meter urban photos.

                        I did a quick check and I don't find any urban photos at 4 meters for either the Phily/Camden or Newark/New York areas. Go figure!

                        If you don't find anything in NJ, don't waste the short time we have left, find other cities in zone 17, 18 or 19. I think these are the least covered. Also search here for the cities already covered.

                        Rick

                        --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "teegate" <teegate@...> wrote:

                        > Hi,
                        >
                        > I am new to the site and just learned about Microsoft closing the site. I know I am late learning this but I will do what I can to help get NJ downloaded. Has anyone downloaded NJ yet and if not can someone please quickly tell me what I need to do to get started.
                        >
                        > Guy
                        >
                        > --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Sullivan <jhsulliv@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Colleagues,
                        > >
                        > > Thus far, I have burned all of the Zone 12 data to DVD and most of Zone
                        > > 15. So far that is 47 DVDs
                        > > and completing zone 15 will bump that up to 57. All of the DVDs are
                        > > named USAPM## sequentially,
                        > > and the folder on each is correpondingly "burn##" sequentially. #40 has
                        > > a subdirectory for Zone 12
                        > > and a subdirectory for Zone 15, all 1 meter files. #57 has a Z15-1meter
                        > > for what else, the rest of the
                        > > 1meter files. Z15-urban is all of NewOrleans. From that point on is
                        > > another 5-6 DVDs, all with
                        > > urban data, and some odds and ends. So it going to take somewhere
                        > > around 65 DVDs to get it all
                        > > ready to dump on Rick. Each DVD has a note on it's top listing the
                        > > range of files thereon, and the
                        > > number of files.
                        > >
                        > > I will be keeping all the individual files, and the several burn##
                        > > directories on the external 2T drive
                        > > for several months in case anything needs to be reburned etc. After
                        > > that, I will clean these out.
                        > >
                        > > J. H. Sullivan, P.E. (retired from CSX)
                        > > Jacksonville, FL

                      • Edward C. Schaub
                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 30 3:12 PM
                          I am in the process of burning all of the southern part of zone 16 including the coastal area where do I  send the DVD. I will keep all the data on my hard drive in case I need to reburn something

                          --
                          Edward C. Schaub W5TUT
                          1305 Concart St.