Re: [USAphotomaps] Re: Zone 15 - 1 meter photos

  • Jerry Sullivan
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 23 3:03 PM
      Colleagues,

      Zone 15, Regions 1-7 has been completed, checked, and rerun. All is
      black except for an area bounded by a white border
      that is centered on Z15 576400E 3437800N. Manual attempt shows "X" in
      this area so it is a legitimate blank area.

      Region 8 has 5.5 hours to run yet.

      Jerry Sullivan
    • BigDave
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 25 11:51 AM
        Hi Rick,

        The move wasn't too bad. Just pack some clothes, bedding, food, computer, etc., and go. Once I got here, I got the computer setup, found out that indeed I am outside of the service area of my 3G internet service. And, my cellphone service leaves a lot to be desired, weak signal, less than 2G speeds and this is in a "major" Southern California city. (At least the people who live here like to think so. This is Victorville, CA.)

        Besides the slooow internet connection, I'm having to deal with very high error rates with TF and especially USAPM. Compared with previous downloads, I've been working on the 8 meter photos for zone 16 for the last week. And, I'm still not done with it. I'm almost ready to start checking for missing tiles and filling in the edges. I got the region data for the zone 16 coastline and have run that. I should have the 8m photos for zone 16 sometime later today.

        BigDave