Re: [USAphotomaps] Re: Zone 15 - 1 meter photos

  • Jerry Sullivan
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 22 5:00 PM
      Colleagues,

      Zone 15, Region 3 is at 67% and should finish by midnight. Regions 4
      and 5 are at 30% and
      should complete by 5am barring a communications failure. Before
      retiring for the night,
      I plan to start Region 6. Regions require about 15 hours to run. As
      the wife will be home
      tomorrow, and if 4 & 5 finish by 5am, I will then start 7 & 8 to run all
      day. There have
      been some communication failures resulting in high error counts, but
      these clear up on
      a rerun, or in one case a restart.

      A visual check in USAPM shows continuous data through the areas already
      checked and
      found good, with the north extent approximately the Missouri/Arkansas
      line. The
      completed regions cover from that point south to just north of Memphis
      which is on
      the extreme east edge, and the third regions is filling the gap.
      Evidently, the regions
      are in order from north to south, but of course they fill in from south
      to north.

      This will be my last report until tomorrow night.

      J. H. Sullivan
    • BigDave
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 25 11:51 AM
        Hi Rick,

        The move wasn't too bad. Just pack some clothes, bedding, food, computer, etc., and go. Once I got here, I got the computer setup, found out that indeed I am outside of the service area of my 3G internet service. And, my cellphone service leaves a lot to be desired, weak signal, less than 2G speeds and this is in a "major" Southern California city. (At least the people who live here like to think so. This is Victorville, CA.)

        Besides the slooow internet connection, I'm having to deal with very high error rates with TF and especially USAPM. Compared with previous downloads, I've been working on the 8 meter photos for zone 16 for the last week. And, I'm still not done with it. I'm almost ready to start checking for missing tiles and filling in the edges. I got the region data for the zone 16 coastline and have run that. I should have the 8m photos for zone 16 sometime later today.

        BigDave