Re: Zone 15 - 1 meter photos

  • gnuarm
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 22 10:48 AM
      When reporting the urban photos, can you do that in the corresponding urban photo thread? If there is not one, please start a new thread.

      Thanks, this helps me find status from the other eight downloaders more easily. I really am not very good at the organization aspect of this and I need all the help I can get!

      Rick

      --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Sullivan <jhsulliv@...> wrote:

      > Colleagues,

      > it is good to go.
      >
      > Z-15/R-2 will complete it's 2nd pass in about 40'.
      >
      > After Z-15/R-2 finishes, I will backup all the new stuff to the external
      > drive and then start
      > R-4,5 of Z-15 which will require around 16 hours to run, so they will be
      > stopped about
      > 5am tomorrow and restarted about 4pm.
      >
      > Jerry Sullivan

    • BigDave
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 25 11:51 AM
        Hi Rick,

        The move wasn't too bad. Just pack some clothes, bedding, food, computer, etc., and go. Once I got here, I got the computer setup, found out that indeed I am outside of the service area of my 3G internet service. And, my cellphone service leaves a lot to be desired, weak signal, less than 2G speeds and this is in a "major" Southern California city. (At least the people who live here like to think so. This is Victorville, CA.)

        Besides the slooow internet connection, I'm having to deal with very high error rates with TF and especially USAPM. Compared with previous downloads, I've been working on the 8 meter photos for zone 16 for the last week. And, I'm still not done with it. I'm almost ready to start checking for missing tiles and filling in the edges. I got the region data for the zone 16 coastline and have run that. I should have the 8m photos for zone 16 sometime later today.

        BigDave