Re: [USAphotomaps] Re: Zone 16 - 1 meter photos

  • Edward C. Schaub
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 22 2:59 AM
      Yes

      On 4/21/2012 6:56 PM, gnuarm wrote:

      What makes you suspect these files? I checked the first and last coordinates and they are good. The pattern the coordinates make is different from the region files. The region files run NW to NE to SE to SW. The path files run in an 'N' pattern (or backwards 'N') so they don't download any more tiles on the north or south edges than they need to. They run SW to NW to SE to NE or similar. Is that what makes you suspect them?

      Rick

      --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "Edward C. Schaub" <w5tut@...> wrote:

      > Can you recheck these path files they don't look right
      >
      > On 4/19/2012 8:05 AM, gnuarm wrote:
      > >

      > > Here are the path files for all four zones. I reduced the width of the
      > > path a bit to save on the wasted bandwidth of downloading empty tiles.
      > >
      > > Rick
      > >
      > > Path=4
      > > Width=1400
      > > Format=UTM
      > > 16 230000 4000100
      > > 16 235900 4200100
      > > 16 769950 4000100
      > > 16 764100 4200100
      > >
      > > Path=4
      > > Width=1400
      > > Format=UTM
      > > 16 224100 3800100
      > > 16 230000 4000100
      > > 16 775800 3800100
      > > 16 769950 4000100
      > >
      > > Path=4
      > > Width=1400
      > > Format=UTM
      > > 16 218200 3600100
      > > 16 224100 3800100
      > > 16 781650 3600100
      > > 16 775800 3800100
      > >
      > > Path=4
      > > Width=1400
      > > Format=UTM
      > > 16 218200 3600100
      > > 16 212300 3400100
      > > 16 781650 3600100
      > > 16 787500 3400100
      > >
      > > --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:USAphotomaps%40yahoogroups.com>, "Edward C. Schaub"
      > > <w5tut@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > could you send me the paths for the outside of the first 3 zones I am
      > > > just finishing downloading the 1m photos on all zones

      > > tiles.

      > > but

      > > <mailto:USAphotomaps%40yahoogroups.com>

      > > what do

      > > of the
      > > file.
      > > won't
      > > at the

      > > <mailto:USAphotomaps%40yahoogroups.com>

      > > downloading the

      > > what am I

      > > it as

      > > files you
      > > file (the

      > > "Tile A"

      > > because of

      > > "BIG"
      > > This will

      > > GB per

      > > <mailto:USAphotomaps%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > <gnuarm.2006@>

      > > > --
      > > > Edward C. Schaub W5TUT
      > > > 1305 Concart St.
      > > > Hattiesburg, MS 39401
      > > > Home: 601.544.6166
      > > > Cell; 601.550.0630
      > > >

      > --
      > Edward C. Schaub W5TUT
      > 1305 Concart St.
      > Hattiesburg, MS 39401
      > Home: 601.544.6166
      > Cell; 601.550.0630

    • gnuarm
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 22 9:22 AM
        The files are fine. One thing I didn't realize was that path files can have distinct paths just like the region files. The diagonal bar connecting the east and west edges is not necessary, but it doesn't create any excess downloading because those tiles should have already been downloaded.

        The next time I generate path files, which may not happen, I'll use two path sections, one for the eastern path and one for the western. but now I am incorporating that in the region file so most likely this is a "mox nix".

      • Edward C. Schaub
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 25 2:37 AM
          I have all 1m photo downloads completed and will finish the rest today its about 100 gb of data what do I do with it

        • Jerry Sullivan
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 25 3:10 AM
            Some of us are burning it on DVDs to send to Rick.   That is my plan, and it will be around 50 DVDs.  I have burned
            14 already of zone 12

            Jerry Sullivan

            No virus found in this message.

            J. H. Sullivan, Jacksonville
          • BigDave
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 26 11:30 AM
              Hi everyone,

              I have the 8 meter photos for zone 16.

              This zone is complete, edge to edge, east to west, and north to south.
              This includes Isle Royale, north of Calumet, MI and the Grand Portage, MN area.

              Take care,
              BigDave