Re: [USAphotomaps] Re: Zone 15 - 1 meter photos

  • Jerry Sullivan
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 21 7:30 PM
      That is what I did with Salt Lake City and it reduced it from 10  points to 6.

      Jerry Sullivan

      On 4/21/2012 10:24 PM, Timothy Barney wrote:

      Sounds good Jerry.  For the more convoluted shaped areas, I tend to simplify them a bit to keep from ending up with 100's of points.  If the edge stair-steps, I'll tend to just hit the outer points of the steps and deal with the blanks inside the empty triangle that will be skipped.

      Tim

      On 4/21/2012 7:59 PM, Jerry Sullivan wrote:

      Not a problem, but I will keep posting the progress and if it gets behind, you can direct some of it
      elsewhere.  How about increments of 500 rows.  Right now I figured out how to do a region file to
      get the Tucson urban files and Salt Lake City is irregular, sort of hourglass shaped, but I guess it will
      work also to just start at the NW corner and work around it CW point by point.  I have run 2 processes
      without any problem, and at 73, I usually need to visit the potty about 2am, and so I have been
      checking progress then and sorting out any problem.

      Jerry

      On 4/21/2012 7:36 PM, gnuarm wrote:

      Jerry,

      I have trouble keeping all the details straight for everyone. Do you have a preference for the size of the region files for zone 15? The rectangular section is 4000 rows tall. Just let me know how many rows to a region and I'll shoot you the files. I calculate this will be around 70 GB total. Are you sure you can do this much?

      Rick

      --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "gnuarm" <gnuarm.2006@...> wrote:

      > I'm not sure if anyone was working on this zone. If you would like to take on this zone please post here.
      >
      > I will be happy to generate a region file or files for this zone. Just let me know.
      >
      > Rick

      No virus found in this message.

      J. H. Sullivan, Jacksonville

      J. H. Sullivan, Jacksonville
    • BigDave
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 25 11:51 AM
        Hi Rick,

        The move wasn't too bad. Just pack some clothes, bedding, food, computer, etc., and go. Once I got here, I got the computer setup, found out that indeed I am outside of the service area of my 3G internet service. And, my cellphone service leaves a lot to be desired, weak signal, less than 2G speeds and this is in a "major" Southern California city. (At least the people who live here like to think so. This is Victorville, CA.)

        Besides the slooow internet connection, I'm having to deal with very high error rates with TF and especially USAPM. Compared with previous downloads, I've been working on the 8 meter photos for zone 16 for the last week. And, I'm still not done with it. I'm almost ready to start checking for missing tiles and filling in the edges. I got the region data for the zone 16 coastline and have run that. I should have the 8m photos for zone 16 sometime later today.

        BigDave