Re: [USAphotomaps] Re: Zone 15 - 1 meter photos

  • Timothy Barney
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 21 7:25 PM
      Ok, earlier I said I'd do a region for SLC, if yours works and you're happy, run with it.  I'll start on getting files for 13-15 done.  I have everything already downloaded to the east coast from 17 or in progress now (zone 16).

      Tim

      On 4/21/2012 8:23 PM, Jerry Sullivan wrote:
      Glad to do so, sometimes these pooters have a mind of their own.  I fixed up an urban file (Just notes right now)
      for Salt Lake City, and Tucson is coming down nicely with 10 hours to go.

      Jerry

      On 4/21/2012 8:09 PM, gnuarm wrote:

      Very bizarre. I have the spreadsheet set to round the digits to whole numbers and copied the cells as text. You see the result, it copies the fractions! Just truncate that parts please.

      Rick

      --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "gnuarm" <gnuarm.2006@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > Rick
      >

      > Region=4
      > Format=UTM
      > 15 232000 4100000
      > 15 768000 4100000
      > 15 770900 4000012.5
      > 15 229100 4000012.5
      >
      > Region=4
      > Format=UTM
      > 15 232000 4100000
      > 15 768000 4100000
      > 15 770900 4000012.5
      > 15 229100 4000012.5
      >
      > Region=4
      > Format=UTM
      > 15 226200 3900025
      > 15 773800 3900025
      > 15 776700 3800037.5
      > 15 223300 3800037.5
      >
      > Region=4
      > Format=UTM
      > 15 223300 3800037.5
      > 15 776700 3800037.5
      > 15 779600 3700050
      > 15 220400 3700050
      >
      > Region=4
      > Format=UTM
      > 15 220400 3700050
      > 15 779600 3700050
      > 15 782500 3600062.5
      > 15 217500 3600062.5
      >
      > Region=4
      > Format=UTM
      > 15 217500 3600062.5
      > 15 782500 3600062.5
      > 15 785400 3500075
      > 15 214600 3500075
      >
      > Region=4
      > Format=UTM
      > 15 214600 3500075
      > 15 785400 3500075
      > 15 788300 3400087.5
      > 15 211700 3400087.5
      >
      > Region=4
      > Format=UTM
      > 15 211700 3400087.5
      > 15 788300 3400087.5
      > 15 791200 3300100
      > 15 208800 3300100
      >

      > --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Sullivan <jhsulliv@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Not a problem, but I will keep posting the progress and if it gets
      > > behind, you can direct some of it
      > > elsewhere. How about increments of 500 rows. Right now I figured out
      > > how to do a region file to
      > > get the Tucson urban files and Salt Lake City is irregular, sort of
      > > hourglass shaped, but I guess it will
      > > work also to just start at the NW corner and work around it CW point by
      > > point. I have run 2 processes
      > > without any problem, and at 73, I usually need to visit the potty about
      > > 2am, and so I have been
      > > checking progress then and sorting out any problem.
      > >
      > > Jerry
      > >
      > > On 4/21/2012 7:36 PM, gnuarm wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Jerry,
      > > >
      > > > I have trouble keeping all the details straight for everyone. Do you
      > > > have a preference for the size of the region files for zone 15? The
      > > > rectangular section is 4000 rows tall. Just let me know how many rows
      > > > to a region and I'll shoot you the files. I calculate this will be
      > > > around 70 GB total. Are you sure you can do this much?

      J. H. Sullivan, Jacksonville

    • BigDave
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 25 11:51 AM
        Hi Rick,

        The move wasn't too bad. Just pack some clothes, bedding, food, computer, etc., and go. Once I got here, I got the computer setup, found out that indeed I am outside of the service area of my 3G internet service. And, my cellphone service leaves a lot to be desired, weak signal, less than 2G speeds and this is in a "major" Southern California city. (At least the people who live here like to think so. This is Victorville, CA.)

        Besides the slooow internet connection, I'm having to deal with very high error rates with TF and especially USAPM. Compared with previous downloads, I've been working on the 8 meter photos for zone 16 for the last week. And, I'm still not done with it. I'm almost ready to start checking for missing tiles and filling in the edges. I got the region data for the zone 16 coastline and have run that. I should have the 8m photos for zone 16 sometime later today.

        BigDave