Re: Zone 15 - 1 meter photos

  • gnuarm
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 19 8:22 AM
      Hi John,

      Great progress! I will work on the region file for the northernmost part of zone 15 after I get the region file for the bottom of zone 16 for Ed. I think he wrote that he will be done with his section shortly too.

      In the mean time I would be happy to give you the rest of zone 15. I'll get the rectangular region done next and will then owe you both jaggy regions north and south.

      As I do more and more of these I am finding ways to optimize the whole thing and get better and better at it. The last set of region files I gave you included enough margin on the zone borders so that you don't need to run a perimeter file on zone 15. I will get you a perimeter file for zone 14. Running the perimeter manually using the 'F' key would be extremely tedious and a total waste of time. It would be better to use even a very sloppy region or perimeter file. It is easy to generate the paths or region files for the rectangular areas, I have a spread sheet that helps with that.

      Rick

      --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "John T" <jft43@...> wrote:

      > Rick;
      >
      > If things keep going as they are, I should be complete with the 18 regions you gave me in zone 15 by Sunday evening or Monday morning. If you would send me a region for the top zone 15 with the 'jaggies', I can complete that.
      >
      > After that I can either do the rest of zone 15 south, do the bottom of Texas in zone 14, or jump over to do the middle of 13 at Colorado that shows blank. I will need region files for any of those.
      >
      > One note, I have run no edge or perimeter paths to pick up edges of any zone, 14 or 15, I don't have any. Can I do that in the visual check of the region? If I scroll up along the edge and hit the 'F' key will it just get the tiles needed to the edge of the zone or will it pick up tiles in the adjacent zone? If not then I will need to get the perimeter paths to pick these up. I read your post on setting one up, not sure I would want to test it out on this project? I could do one and have you take a look at it, to confirm the correct coordinates? If you do them, then as disscussed before, you can set them up either using the individual regions you gave me before or I can combine the zone regions together to make one 'large' file for the zones that I have, and do the perimeter on it. Which ever will be less work for you!
      >

      > --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "John T" <jft43@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Thanks Rick,
      > > I'll get started on these this afternoon. Once you figure out the boundries for the northern most part of this zone, go ahead and send me the region file, and I'll just add it to the list. I will work from the bottom up as did in z14.
      > > As I was checking the the regions with the 'overview' I noticed there was a red vertical band on the west side of the region on at least the last 5 regions I did (most noertern)! I'm not sure what this is yet, but it did not dissapear when I re-ran the region. I plan to go into USAPM and do a visual to see what is going on.
      > >
      > > Question, Would it be easier and more efficent to combine all the regions in zone 14 into one large file and then have you do one perimeter file, or have you do one for each of the 19 regions? Also do you want the data totals for the regions in z 14? right now its about 95GB, but haven't run the visual on all of the regions.
      > >
      > > John T
      > >

      > > --- In USAphotomaps@yahoogroups.com, "gnuarm" <gnuarm.2006@> wrote:

      > > > Here are the latest and greatest region files for the bulk of zone 15 north of the OK border. I left out the very northernmost section in order to keep it a rectangle. I checked the width of the zone in the center and paddled the east and west border Easting values so that you shouldn't need to run a perimeter file. There are 18 regions of 300 lines each.
      > > >
      > > > Rick

    • BigDave
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 25 11:51 AM
        Hi Rick,

        The move wasn't too bad. Just pack some clothes, bedding, food, computer, etc., and go. Once I got here, I got the computer setup, found out that indeed I am outside of the service area of my 3G internet service. And, my cellphone service leaves a lot to be desired, weak signal, less than 2G speeds and this is in a "major" Southern California city. (At least the people who live here like to think so. This is Victorville, CA.)

        Besides the slooow internet connection, I'm having to deal with very high error rates with TF and especially USAPM. Compared with previous downloads, I've been working on the 8 meter photos for zone 16 for the last week. And, I'm still not done with it. I'm almost ready to start checking for missing tiles and filling in the edges. I got the region data for the zone 16 coastline and have run that. I should have the 8m photos for zone 16 sometime later today.

        BigDave